CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Scooby's quad totaled??

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scooby's quad totaled??

just remember when dealing with the insurance companies, it's like buying a car. don't except the first offer and after going back and forth, ask to talk with his or her manager to get a better offer!! have every recept for all parts no matter how big or small. good luck.

Old 06-02-2003, 12:30 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Hopefully he will be able to salvage the good parts (turbo, FI, computer etc) and put them on a new DS. Most of the time if it is not your fault the insurance company is not hard to deal with. I am sure when the adjuster gets a bill for 30k for a ds he will fall out of his chair. I bet Dave will have a new one up and running very quick. He has done the R&D already. It just a matter of getting all the needed parts and putting it back together. If it had happened 3 weeks ago he could have bought samcoeds 760 alky + nos and put the turbo on that. wow!!

Old 06-02-2003, 01:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

That bites. I was looking forward to seeing him run at Atpt nationals. Guess I will be the fastest then. lol maybe to dinner.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-02-2003, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

It makes me sick just thinking about it. Glad you are alright.

Old 06-03-2003, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

too bad he didnt have it in a pickup it would not happened

Old 06-03-2003, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

scooby please reply with anything you need or can use to get her together, im sure anyone here would be willing to help out if at all posible. your only 30 minutes away if you need my help to get it together for the nationals or any help period give me a call. im sorry to hear about your luck, right after the new turbo was coming too life!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2003, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

let us know how he is and what happens.

Old 06-03-2003, 02:29 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Scooby- Hurycnes quad is down, bolt the turbo in and lets go racing!! scooby has helped a lot of bombs out maybe you guys can help him. I like watching his quad take off and suck the airfilter into a ball. Amazing.

I can picture that adjuster looking at the bill for 30k. priceless.

Old 06-03-2003, 06:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

It was a woman driver by the way!

I have the destroyed trailer and ATV in my garage, but I don't think I can do anything with them until the insurance is settled. I may not be able to take off some of my custom ATV parts. They might want the whole ATV to go to a salvage yard? Maybe I could prevent it from ever leaving my garage and buy it back?

It is not going to be a fast process. This could be the end of the turbo DS for me. I can't simply start rebuilding before the insurance is settled. I don't know if I will have the time, money or motivatiobn to rebuild especially in 100+ degree weather. Some parts took weeks (or months) to have mad. We don't even have a completed police report yet so we can't even submit a claim against their insurance company. It could be months before it is settled.

Some people say there are no "accidents" and that everything happens for a reason. I keep thinking about this. Maybe this ATV was taking too much time and money so something had to end it. I have had way too many problems with this ATV from day one, and now this happens.

The +8" aluminum swingarm is twisted and bent. One front wheel/spindle is broken off. A rear rim is destroyed. Grab bar is bent. Muffler is bent and dented. Gas tank damaged. Seat damaged. Handlebars, grips, brake lever, etc . That is just the obvious stuff.

I can't believe the ATV ejected. It was tied down tight. All the straps broke.

The police said if the trailer hadn't split, detaching from the Jeep, it would have rolled the Jeep during the spinout.

Old 06-03-2003, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

I would take that b!tch for a big ride !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Scooby's quad totaled??