CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Scooby's quad totaled??

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003 | 08:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default Scooby's quad totaled??

Very sorry to hear about that, Dave...I hope things work out in your favor.

Old 06-03-2003 | 08:23 PM
Pro Rider

scooby, your crazy if you dont take some of those parts off your DS, ive dealt with insurace claims on cars with Whees and stereos, and trucks with Lifts and tires... YOU always take what you can salvage and just throw back on the stock replacements, stuff like your turbo probably wasnt insured anyway so your not doing any harm by taking it off, just protecting yourself.. What ever you paid to insure probably just a stock DS 650 is all there going to pay you for so you should get your parts off it!

Old 06-03-2003 | 09:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I don't have insurance on the ATV itself which would cover a riding accident. The insurance we are talking about is the auto policy of the faulty driver. The auto policy should cover the trailer and ATV while it was on the rode. I assume under propery damage?

The book value on a 2001 DS is $5000, I assume the insurance company would offer me this, at most, or a replacement stock DS. I was told if I had receipts to show what the custom parts cost that I had on the ATV, this would help bring the value to where it should be, but it's not guarenteed to convince them. If it didn't convince them, I would have to get other people in the ATV/motorcycle business to back me up with the value I claim. I certainly don't want all this hassle.

I don't have all the stock parts to put back on, I sold some of them.

The +8" swingarm was destroyed so I would have to leave it on so they can see that it was not stock and look at my receipt showing what I paid for it.

By the way, some of the "original parts" from the first turbo setup were not in the accident such as the chrome intercooler pipes, intercooler, tailpipe, those I still have in the garage.

Old 06-03-2003 | 09:14 PM
Trailblazer

i am sorry to hear about your loss.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]my buddy blasterdevil called me on the cellphone and told me about it.i want you to know that you fellow yellow riders are with you in your time of morning.stay strong!

Old 06-03-2003 | 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

yup all this does is give you fresh parts for your setup. This time maybe a custom frame with a bike motor.

Old 06-03-2003 | 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

They will probably take depreciation off everything, so get all your receipts together, keep bugging them to get this moving along....I really feel for you, and hope you get most of your money back....If you decide to give this up, I would understand,,but think of how it makes you feel when you go blasting down the strip, and think, what else makes you feel this good!

Old 06-03-2003 | 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

If that is pain and suffering I don't no what is. Thank God you are ok!

Old 06-03-2003 | 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

Dave- big time sorry dude!- that was a heck of a creation you produced, that in and of itself was a major life accomplishment. You have the the admiration of many just cuz you never gave up!
hats off to you dude! Good luck with the settlement.
What parts do you need to put back on the bike? maybe folks have some of what you need sitting around collecting dust and we can help piece it back together so you can rebuild your baby.

Old 06-03-2003 | 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

That blows Wheaties for sure
When the insurance companie comes up with thier settlement...say FU I want more
I'd also visit the doctor...once you do that it freaks em out and they might give you closer to what they owe because they want you to sign off on injuries etc...
Accidents happen[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2003 | 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

Scooby, I don't know you but man I feel for you and am truly sorry. I can tell just by your posts that pretty much nothing is going to get you in better spirits for a little while. I'm sure you'll end up getting most of your money back and hopefully all of it. I think stuff happens for a reason also but sometimes it's sure as hell hard to figure out what that reason is. Good luck and God Bless.

Quick Reply: Scooby's quad totaled??