CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Tribute to our fathers

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tribute to our fathers

With it being fathers day and all I though it would be cool to hear some stories of how everyones fathers have changed their life or becoming a father may have changed it.

My dad is probably the best fisherman i have ever met. He has been a guide and now teaches Fly fishing for the Fly Fishing Federation. he also donates his time and alot of materials at all the schools in the Green River Wyoming area. he taches the kids how to fly tie first then how to fly cast then on the final week of the course they go to the world famous Green River and put it all together. I feel very blessed that I have had the chance to learn from such a great man and I had the privalidge of taking my daughter fishing for the first time 3 weeks ago and watching her cath not 1 but 3 Rainbows all byherself. Now I know how my dad feels. best feeling in the world. I love you dad!!! (yes he reads the forums LOL)

Old 06-15-2003, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider

Now that Im a dad Im really thankful for mine and what hes done for me. Dads can be great roll models. They can show you what to strive to be or what to strive not to be. Luckily my dad was great. He goes with me to drag race and enjoys watching. The only problem with my dad is that he rides a Raptor. Well he is 70 and a DS might be to much for him.

Old 06-15-2003, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

My dad is an x air force pilot, now he fly's police choppers, he is a great patriot and i'm proud to be his son! he is not realy an ATVer but he goes with me to all the dunes and riding spots (i'm 16), and i know he's sometimes uncomftermle (sp?) there, but he dos it anyway and never complains! plus he is one of the most thoughtfull, caring and honest guys i have ever met!

Old 06-16-2003, 01:58 AM
Pro Rider

My dad has done sooooooooo much for me, I don't what to make a huge story so THANKS DAD for all you have done [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img], I hope you like your ATV lift!

KC

Old 06-16-2003, 02:56 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

I spent last week camping with my 3year old son and with the exception of a few people, we had the dunes to ourselves. We had a great time and he rode with me for hours at a time. I missed some of the rides with the guys but I still very much enjoyed our mild rides that get him out in the dunes. I towed his little electric quad out to a gentle dune and let him coast down. He was thrilled to ride his quad in the sand. His first "real ride".
I'm very glad to see he is a cautious kid and no daredevil. If he showed no fear I would steer him away from atv's and dirtbikes for as long as possible for his safety and my sanity.