CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Vortex CDI...

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 08:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vortex CDI...

What is the cheapest one can buy just the box for? I have found a site that sells it for $350. Anyone know of a place that is cheaper?

Old 07-01-2003, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default Vortex CDI...

Just make sure that where you purchase it, that they set it up for you. You need to have the rev limiters set to what you want them to be. You should have the curves made for you. if you are running alcohol or gas....... Make sure they will work with you in the future on makeing new curves when you want different ones to play with.

DuneDevil

Old 07-01-2003, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default Vortex CDI...

I am stock right now, so what should i have them set at? How do i know what to set them at. I thought about having one of the curves set at 9k rpm, is that smart?

Kenny

Old 07-02-2003, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider
Default Vortex CDI...

I have mine programmed for 9500 and 10,000. I would not want to go over 9500 on a stock motor.

With the curves, you can have them set so that one through nine progressively get more advanced. When you get the box and start to play with the curves, bump up to the next level until you here it pinging. Once you here it ping, back it back down before you tear anything up.

After finding out what is the most advance that you can run, then you need to figure out if you want to run race gas. If you do want race gas, then you keep going up in curves.

What is nice is you can find a good curve for certain terrains or races. Flat track, MX, Desert....... you can play with the curves and find the best for each situation.

DuneDevil

Old 07-02-2003, 08:12 AM
Pro Rider
Default Vortex CDI...

Thanx alot. Im gonna go ahead and order the one I found for 350 buckaroonies. Dont seem like anyone has got one cheaper than that.

Thanx.

Kenny

By the way, you said use pin 1 through 9? what about 10? is that the standard set one?

Old 07-02-2003, 10:02 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Vortex CDI...

9500 may be a little high for a stock engine. we rev the wifes to the moon and it took it well if not great. but i took the engine apart last week and there was a smile in the top of the piston but with valve springs that wouldn't be a problem. they will rev that high but, i would think about a tach and keep a eye on the revs, i wouldn't think there would be much power on a stock engine past 7500 maybe 8000

Old 07-02-2003, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!
Default Vortex CDI...

The stock engine peaks power at 6200-6500rpm. Its dead at 8000rpm. But the timing curve option of the vortec is awesome. I'll be buying one soon.

MrHorsepower

Old 07-02-2003, 07:37 PM
Range Rover
when your holding the football - people will throw evrything they can at you to strip it away .... including the waterboy at the end of the bench.
Default Vortex CDI...

WOW!!! Congrats on your signature! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I need to touch base more often........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

P.S. Whats up with your local under your screename? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-03-2003, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!
Default Vortex CDI...

Thanks! That local should say Barlow Kentucky. How do I change it.

MrHorsepower

Old 07-03-2003, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider
Default Vortex CDI...

Login
Click on top left for messages
Top of page click profile and edit

Quick Reply: Vortex CDI...