CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

New place to ride and live..

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New place to ride and live..

Yep, Phoenix is hot right now. I just started a project in Scottsdale and I'm gonna be stick here for about six months. Nice area, but hot. At least it's a "dry heat" LOL.....

-Tom

Old 07-03-2003, 03:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

OKLAHOMA has a damn nice climate really! the winters are cold,but not anything like your used to, and we have a long Spring and FALL, and the summer is hot, but just a small handfull of days is it 100+. They only thing that kinda sucks is its WINDY most of the time, but thats because TEXAS BLOWS,and KANSAS SUCKS!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] LOL! but it is good for the dunes![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Bigger.

Old 07-03-2003, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

DSDuneCrazy, AZSand rented out one of the local sand drag tracks for next weekend. Going to settle some grudge matches. Not sure if it'll be open to the public or not. I'll let you know if you want to come watch. It's Canyon Raceway in Peoria.

Old 07-03-2003, 04:03 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

Bat is right, Utah is the place if you like dunes and wide open spaces. Cedar City is 45 mins from St. George ( North and 20 degrees cooler). Salt Lake is growing fast and has alot of jobs, Little Saraha in 1.5 hrs, mountains all around, Lake Powell 4.5 hours, 9 Ski Resorts in 40 mins. St Anthony in 3.5 hrs, Tons of Lakes, Snowmibiling for DAYS, Piute trail system is only 2 hours away, low crime, low property taxes, clean city, 4 seasons,
I could work for the Chamber of Commerce......

Old 07-03-2003, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider

I would say move to Wyoming![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] but there are absolutley no good paying jobs there unless you are in construction or mining. The winters there are pretty long and sometimes nasty but it is the best Snowmobiling in the country hands down!. I would recomment Ceader City, Utah also but I don't think jobs are there either. Salt Lake has plenty of jobs! It isn't to bad there. Just stay away from California!! This place Truly SUCKS!!!!!!! The Tax is outrageous!!!!! It's pretty damn hot here in the summer but tolerable. And it is just to damn exspensive to live here. I could probably retire by the time I am 40 if I didn't have to live here! I will have to work till I am 65 with price of things here! You need to make at LEAST $4000.00 a month just to live! And that is take home! I pay $1680.00 a month in rent for a damn small but nice house in San Fernando. Then you add a truck payment and trailer payment and a quad payment plus all of your utilities and cell phone and You are flat broke! I bring home an average of $1800.00 a week after taxes and I just barely scrape by. Thank God I have a good tax man that balews me out with a fat check every spring![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-03-2003, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider

I would love to come watch, however, I fly back home every weekend. (Yep I'm in the computer tech field also).

I fly in every monday morning and fly back home every thursday night.

Thanks for the offer, I gotta tell ya I'm going through some DS withdrawl. My DS is in the garage in my new house in spokane WA, and I'm still in SoCal.

If I stayed the weekend, my wife would kick my ***. Well... she would TRY anyway.

-Tom

Old 07-03-2003, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

I have the benifit of living anywhere I want for my job. I just fly to work at the client's expense. I was in the same boat as you Punisher. My house payment for my 1375 sqft house on < 1/4 acre built in 1958 ran just over $2300 a month (including tax impounds). The new house I bought is 5000+ sqft on 10 acres with a 45'x30' shop indoor pool etc.... now runs me about $2050 a month. And I don't have to pay the 8%-9% state income tax anymore. Gotta love that!

Where ever you deside to go, make sure you do your homework. Check out the property taxes, local ordinances, state taxes, vehicle registration, orv laws, etc....

only one thing about St. George. its been about 5 years since I've been there, but back then there wasn't ONE bar in town, let alone a lounge or something. Sure you can get beer and wine at the store (not sure about hard liquor), but it's nice to go down and play a game of pool and have a beer while watching a game on a hot day.

-Tom

Old 07-03-2003, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

Punisher, your numbers don't add up. If you have a take home of $7200 a month and aren't building equity in a home then you need to rethink your strategy. With your bills listed worse case you should have $3000 left to play with.

Old 07-03-2003, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

Fascinating? I make that much a week only sometimes. My pay averages differ on each movie I work on. Sometimes I only bring home $1000.00 a week. Also I am lucky if i work 6 months out of a year. So what little money I can save keeps me alive in the off season.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-03-2003, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

WOW, sure sounds like SoCal sucks!! LOL! I thought it was really cool and stuff but I guess not... Well back to thinking about my future I guess... lol.

Quick Reply: New place to ride and live..