CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Back from Pizmo!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back from Pizmo!

Well it was an interesting weekend to say the least! First off I would like to thank JeffInRiverCity for his hospitality and also a broken back![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL Just kidding Jeff! That rail of his is SICK AND WRONG![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] There were jsut to many idiot's out there to have a real good time. I would also like to give a hat's off to Steve A.K.A. 2001Raptor, that 727 you have really moves! I just got tired of him riding a wheelie all the way down the track while he was 5 bike lengths ahead of me![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And as for Jeff's Monster! Well you know, it's Jeff's! LOL I have to hand it to Sparks, he has been a busy little beaver since four stroke wars. They are doing some awesome stuff with Z-400's both KAWI and Suzuki. Also they have a new 400EX with a CRF450 engine in it on 30% Nitro blend!! Damn this thing was SICK!!!!! I am happy to say that I was at least the 2nd fastest DS there this weekend!! Well athat is out of the 5 or 6 that we saw at the track![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] But I did plenty of monkey stomping on everything out there except for Steve's, Jeff's and Sparks! Lot of Raptor owner's wondering what I had under the hood.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] The best part was watching Jeff CLOWN on the 730 Sparks bike!!! That's right!!!! But they have a Blue one that is really damn fast though! I think Jeff could have taken him but his hole shots were suffering from lack of a long enough swing arm. Get that 6in extended Jeff Darn it!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Oh, how was that bag of stuff I got you?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL The best part of all for me is that I got some Props from the Sparks boy's about the Punisher.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] That is saying something. I tell you what though, I can't WAIT until I get a rail!! Dang man it is the best Chick Magnet in the world!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Thanks again Jeff and Steve for a great weekend. Cheers!

Old 07-06-2003, 11:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Back from Pizmo!

were these 300 foot flat sand drags?

were there any significant rider weight differences between you, JeffInRiverCity, 2001Raptor, Sparks?

what length swingarm did you, JeffInRiverCity, 2001Raptor, Sparks have?

were the raptors faster off the line or did they pull away at the end of the race?

was everyone on race gas (no nitro) or were there people running alcohol mixes?

do you know the compression ratio the raptors were running?

were the raptors significantly lightened?

jeff beat the sparks 4SW II winning raptor but lost to another sparks raptor that was faster?

it takes more than just a killer motor to win a race. could yours and jeffs have been setup better for the race - gearing, paddle tire selection, etc?

were you and jeff loosing to the sparks 400ex?

Old 07-06-2003, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default Back from Pizmo!

Do you or someone you know have any pics or videos? Was jeff running his 830? Was it by far the best 4 stroke out their? What other fast bikes were out their? It sounds like you had a awsome time.

Old 07-07-2003, 12:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Back from Pizmo!

Wish I could have gone. Family obligations and my quad being down made the decision easy.

Spoke with Jeff this afternoon (while he was driving home) soulds like you guys had a great time.

Dave: Some answers on what I have heard:

The drags at Pismo are flat drags (very slight incline.) I think they are at least 600' (Tony, is that right?)

Yes, there is a new Sparks Raptor that is Faster than the 4SW's Black Raptor!

Weight - I am not touching that one!

Jeff has a +4" swingarm

Raptor's were faster off the line.

Dam - Wish I could have gone.

We'll be down there Aug. 7-10 if anyone can make it!

Old 07-07-2003, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider
Default Back from Pizmo!

Well Scooby, you have a lot of interesting points. Jeff probably could have done better with a Paddle change to compensate for the flip over effect. I think this would have helped him quite a bit. The Sparks bikes were very fast out of the hole so there was some catching up to do for Jeff. We were draging probably about 660 feet or so. It is hard to tell. I think there are a lot of small factors jeff could have done and he would have been unbeatable! They were trying to tell us that the blue bike that beat jeff was a 690 on race gas. I call B.S. on that! I think he was at least running alchohol, If not an exotic blend. Most of the Sparks bikes were either running Alky or a Nitro/Alky blend. They can just get out of the hole so fast it makes me sick! Jeff rode my quad and said he figures it would more than likely beat his 703. I think I could have been serious contender if I had those darn FCR's installed and a little bit bigger cams. I also have never taken any weight of my bike at all, on the contrary I had added weight. My quad probably weighs in at about 530 lbs to 550 lbs., plus I weigh 280 lbs my self.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I could probably very easily knowck off about 100 pounds off my bike if I took off the desert tank, skid plates, and a bunch of other unnecesary things. I truly think that these non-stroked big bores are the way to go for the DS! The stroke I think kills this quad rather than helping it. I think Jeff would agree with me on this one. I think a 760 would be perfect! No stroke just bored out to a 108mm. I think I could pick up about another 7 to 10 h.p. with the FCR"s and a cam change also. I have some overly knarly head work done to my bike and it just isn't getting the air it needs.

Old 07-07-2003, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default Back from Pizmo!

It was an awsome weekend!!
And props to the Sparks bikes again!!seemed like anything with a Sparks sticker was was wicked fast,YZF450's,Z400's,660's etc(maybe I need a Sparks sticker??)hehehehe
I was mostly impressed with the 400ex with the CRF450 in it "WAY FAST!!!!"I was pushing a 30 to 35hp NOS shot and he was taking me every time!!But so was Chads blue 660 Sparks bike with Lyle on it,but the gap was closer.I was running 16/40 gearing,If I was geared higher I wouldn't be able to start in 2nd.I would finish each race tached out in 5th!...... I would skid for a 100 plus feet before I would come to a stop at the end of the track..Whew..that was hairy

Scooby,
The Sparks bikes that beat me were running a +6" swing arm..(pretty sure)

The Sparks riders that beat me were not kids,or lightweight riders,I was at 190lbs,and also took 25lbs off my DS(no front brakes,etc)

They would get me most of the time on the hole shots [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] (I need more practice, I guess??)

The 400ex's were not around when I was racing,don't know if they were there or not?

I was not sure of what fuels everbody was running?(somebody said the CRF450 was runing 30% Nitro)Lyle said the Raptor was on gas,I didn't ask about additives?I also don't know about compression ratio's

Most of the fast bikes were lightened,the CRF450 had no starter,The raptor had a starter,the rest I don't know?

I guess I could have been set up better..tires?..just not sure,I need to try less paddles and if I still hook up too hard then I will go to a +6" swing arm.."back to the drawing board"..hehehe

All the Sparks bike were running 6 or 7 paddle triple buffs,I think they are on to something???

Punisher,
Great hooking up with you,thanks for the bag of beef jerky,I chewed on that stuff all the way home(my jaw is sore!)

ThePunsiher & 2002Raptor2001 must have raced for 6 hrs straight for a while there! are you guys sore?

Jeff

Old 07-07-2003, 12:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default Back from Pizmo!

Yeah, I started feeling the effects Yesterday late afternoon! Those whoops out there really take there toll on you. Thanks again Jeff it ws fun, I spent all last night looking for Sand rails! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Hey what are the names of those company's you were talking about? Anyway had a lot of fun and can't wait to get a Rail! Cheers!

Old 07-07-2003, 03:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default Back from Pizmo!

hey jeff, y didnt u just line up against them in the rail and blow them away? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-07-2003, 03:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Back from Pizmo!

cool!!

sounds like some DAMN GOOD racing!!!

Bigger.

Old 07-07-2003, 05:27 PM
Trailblazer
Default Back from Pizmo!

DuneMe:

Yes, I would say the drags are no more than 600'.

Quick Reply: Back from Pizmo!