CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Where can i get a custom seatcover made?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 05:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can i get a custom seatcover made?

I have a picture in the form of a microsoft paint file of a DS wearing my own personal one of a kind seatcover design in full color that I designed and would like to have made by a reputable seatcover company, but I'm having trouble finding one worthy. You guys got any recomendations?

i sent verdepowersports.com an e-mail with the pic asking them, but got no response so I guess I don't want them to have my business. I can't find badsaddles.com anymore. atvseatcovers.com is inaccessable now too, but even if I could get a hold of them I wouldn't use them because of the stories I've heard. I went to hi-flite.com, they list nothing for the DS and they didn't have any cool color charts to choose from so it doesn't seem they do custom work but maybe I'm wrong.

Who have you used, who do you recomend? I wanna send them the file, a printed color pic, and my seat, and get it back within two weeks all shiny new. Is this asking to much?

Old 07-18-2003, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

I would recommend buying some good durable outdoor vinyl, and doing it yourself...as long as it is not tooo complicated of a design. Just take off your current upholstery, cut out a piece of the same size and use it as a template. Then create your design with the different colors of vinyl, cut them out and glue them on top of your template. Now i'm not sure how you would go about making the edges of the vinyl pieces look good ...

Just a thought, thinking outloud...maybe this is not possible...I realy don't know.

Jeff

Old 07-18-2003, 06:20 PM
Range Rover

Hey Hightower, I had mine done at a local upholstry shop that does custom car upholstry. Have you tried any in your area? Hey can you believe im thinking of selling the DS? Im still not back to work. Running out of money. If i do decide to sell the DS what should i ask? I know im going to take it in the shorts but i dont want to give it away any ideas what to ask! The idea of selling it makes me sick, but got to do what you gotta do you know.
Well later! Erik

Old 07-18-2003, 06:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

these are good ideas and much appreciated. my wife does have a sewing machine, I bought it for her last Christmas!
But really though, I've seen some jobs that people have had locally, some good and some bad.
I really would like to have somebody very experienced do it that knows just where the seems otta be, and knows how to pull and stretch just right before stapling to prevent any new creases and krinkles from forming after the first couple rides.
its not a super hard design, but enough for me and Mandy to shy away from trying it, 3 colors, at least 7 pieces total to sew.

Sorry to hear that quadloco, that sucks. i sure hope you can find a way to keep it. especially after all that work, and just one or two rides. no idea what to ask, bluebook for stock '01 is $4900, add to that at least 1/2 what you got in accessories and motor work. a 733 with +4 swingarm and all that polishing otta be worth something to somebody.
How's the back? How long before you can go back to work? Dude, that's one hell of a wreck you had.

Old 07-18-2003, 06:56 PM
Range Rover

Well the back is fine! I started having bad chest pains and after more time spent in the hospital they found a contusion on my heart ,and the sack around my heart became inflamed! Now i'm just waiting for that to heal before i can go back to work! Its been one thing right after another i tell you. Im so sick of sitting around the house, Its driving me crazy!
Later

Old 07-18-2003, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

have you tried cascade innovations in oregon? cascade their pretty reputable. we used them when i worked for trinity.

Old 07-19-2003, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider

Dont use any company out of Detroit. They may be that scam atvseatcovers.com

Old 07-19-2003, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider

I dropped my entire line of seat covers and headlight covers by Freedom ATV because of issues. Man, they are just dropping like flies! I wish I could say more.... Oh well!

Old 07-19-2003, 09:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

cool, thanks guys, I'll give cascade a call, and leave detroit and freedom alone!

Old 07-19-2003, 10:10 PM
Range Rover

Got the quad back together and feeling better cant wait to go riding! WOOOO HOOOOO!
Im thinking of training wheels or a role cage so i dont get hurt again!LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Where can i get a custom seatcover made?