CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

I'm so trailerfabulous...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 08:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm so trailerfabulous...

Well, dune fest is next weekend and I have had no time to mess with the bikes, I just got the chains cleaned and lubed last night. I wanted to have at least a pipe on the DS before next weekend, no luck. Buying a house, no cash.. sucks. I tried to pull the diaphragm spring and cut it but the front screw rounded off, broke a #2 phillips bit off on the first try. That will have to wait until I can take the carb off, sucks more. So, I did the trailer park hot rod job on it and put a 14 tooth sprocket on the front, I still have the stock CDI so I'll let you know how it works. Hopefully I wont embarrass the DS faithful in front of a crowd. Anyone else have some last minute maintainence they have to do?
p.s thnx for the sprocket Sandman..

Old 07-26-2003, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

The screws are no problem to get out if you have a set of needle nose visegrips. I did the same thing and used a set of needle nose visegrips and then pretty much came right on out of there. Just keep in mind that you will need to replace those screw. They are 3 4x10mm and 1 4x12mm (I'm pretty sure) for the screw that holds the idle screw adjuster. The best ones to get are the stainless steel with allen head. I couldnt find any so i just used a small hex bolt, and they went on pretty easy with a small socket set[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

If you need any help, just let me know.

Kenny

Old 07-26-2003, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

Oh yea, I pulled one of my plugs and it's black, it has the stock jetting and the bike only has maybe 30hrs on it. I guess I should have known better and checked it sooner. I'll have to mess with that after dune fest as well.

Old 07-26-2003, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider

You should before [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

A rich bike is a slower bike.

Old 07-26-2003, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

I know, but I hate taking it apart this close to next week. If something goes wrong I don't have a good local dealer and I would be Sc#^(*. I'm not going to do any racing anyway, I'm going to have my camera with me.

Old 07-26-2003, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

Roger that.

Old 07-26-2003, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

What exactly does trailerfabulous mean....