CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Is this a new pipe for the DS?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003 | 02:34 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Is this a new pipe for the DS?

I got the new dirtwheels and on page 22 there is an add for LTERACING.. I looked at their siade and all of their pipes are duals! AND they say the make one for the DS.. no pics but its posted...
I see the raptor, 400ex, Predator, Z400 with the duals and they look sweet!!! I will call them and see what the offer for the DS and repost..
LTE Racing

Old 07-31-2003 | 02:55 PM
Pro Rider

Those look sweet!!...... but I bet they cost a small fortune...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 07-31-2003 | 03:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I just talked to the guy(really nice by the way) and he is debating were to put the Duals on the DS. He would like to use the same format that is on his Z400(my personal favorite) but is conserned if people well want o relocate thier Battery. The other concept would to mount them like his Predator.

The price is going to be in the $700.00 range.

Bigger.

Old 07-31-2003 | 03:46 PM
|
Pro Rider

OK, I called and they are not done with production yet..
Here is was I was able to gather.

They ARE independent duals..
They are a 1 piece units from the header to the tip.
They run on both sides of the DS.
They are going to have some laser cut heat shields on each side.
They provide a new airbox for the battery to mount to. I guess you have to cut your battery support off or something..
They are Stainless steel coating with ceramic insideds
They WILL produce Dyno reports
They are almost done with the pre production pipes ( I forgot to ask ETA for finals)
Cost with everythign is going to be in the 700 range
I did NOT:
Decibles levels
warranty or packing info.

I think I may have found next years pipes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-31-2003 | 03:50 PM
|
Pro Rider

Heehehe I was typing while you posted [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Anyways, i fogot to mention, he told me he wanted to place them under like on the predator. I am not sure what style I like the best.. they all look good.

Old 07-31-2003 | 03:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I don't know what they were thinking - should have finished the DS pipe before any other pipe. Most companies develop parts for the DS first, then work on other models. LOL.

Old 07-31-2003 | 04:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ScoobyDFW
I don't what they were thinking - should have finished the DS pipe before any other pipe. Most companies develop parts for the DS first, then work on other models. LOL.

LMAO!!

He told me that he should have something in about 3-4 weeks. I specifically ask him to dyno AGAINST the RW pipe. It is the best pipe for the DS in perfomance,and if he can out perform that pipe he will be successful in selling a 700+ exhaust sytem.

Bigger.

Old 07-31-2003 | 07:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

With all of the new rules & regulations, if it even parallels the RW pipe in performance and is quiet enough to be legal I think it will do well in CA. These new rules have scared me away from buying a pipe for my Baja yet, I really don't need to be signing up for any noise tickets.

I have a feeling that the state coffers are going to be filling up writing noise tickets out here in CA from lots of residents and possibly even more non-residents in places like Glamis. So for your next trip here be sure to have a backup plan to whatever your preferred pipe is - it would suck to drive a long way like all the guys from Texas, etc. did for FSW2 then get a ticket and told not to ride the rest of the weekend. Remember this is Taxifornia & the state will find income any way necessary. (Oh yeah, did I mention the budget problems, & the state spending $40 billion more per month than it has? People from out of state have big targets on them as viable revenue!)

Old 07-31-2003 | 08:15 PM
Pro Rider

Dont be scared Blackhawk,just hit the gas and run from them..lol I hope it doesent get that bad..

Old 07-31-2003 | 08:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

From my limited knowledge of exhausts, it seems the only easy answer is switching single exhaust ATVs to dual exhaust, which should yield less noise. If this is the case and the power is still good, I'll shell out the extra cash. Besides, dual exhaust does look pretty cool.

Quick Reply: Is this a new pipe for the DS?