CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS not what it should be

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS not what it should be

with this "well dialed in carb" he's running , what main is in? and what is the altitude?

Old 08-01-2003, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

also - what condition is the rubber diaphram in the carb in? a small tear or pinch will kill performance.
Why isn't you buddy on here, learning to tune his own bike in? nothing like a "good friend" to keep your bike "slow" for ya [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-01-2003, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

Very Funny Curtis!! LOL Hey have your friend check that screen in the oil tank!!! He could be starving that thing for oil and his bearings are getting tight. I can't stress that Oil tank screen thing enough!!!! That stupid red light doesn't come on until you are at 7 psi! By then you have already done damage. I highly recommend that everyone put an oil pressure gauge on your quad, you won't regret it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-01-2003, 12:42 AM
Trailblazer

Hey guys, Thanks to Most for the good advise. I am friends with both and he did put on a new Ron Woods cdi. He has One of the Ron Woods stage kits with the 11.5:1and the A1/A2cams. I would sure think he would need to mix his gas . Would the card mount filter help? I noticed that dunedevil said that the intake boot might want to collapse again Thanks for the advise Raptrman

On a more excited note, I want to thank Pushingthelimit for his great words of wisdom. I see you have damn near 1000 posts I sure hope you had better things to say In your other ones because your comments suck here. Hrbart and I have great concern for our friend and want to help him out. I don't post that much but if I did I would not chime In and spew a load of $hit Like that. Hrbart is a bit more eloquent with his words I am not! NO! My friend does not suck as a rider Just does not have as much experience. I noticed that Hrbart Told you where we will be on Aug 22 Little Sahara OK! If you feel up to it load that, what did you call it Oh yea a Vette UP and come down to see us. Bart is right I have seen him run alot of diff quads and you better not Fup as for me bring your a$$ on down and I will hand It back to you!!!!! Raptrman

Sorry to all of the other ds brothers and to the forum Thanks Raptrman!!!!!

Old 08-01-2003, 12:50 AM
Pro Rider

I edited a post and I said I was sorry for the previous comment that I said. I know that was stupid of me to say that but I appologized...... What else should I do?

Old 08-01-2003, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider

Once again, Contact Eric. He is the best one to talk to on the stock carb setup.

Also, like what wshrdskin posted, if he has the rubber around the air box, that will make a seal and act just like a lid.

Also, like what ThePunisher posted, check the screen in the bottom of the oil tank. It will get clogged after someone has been in the motor. Check it.

That rubber diaphram that Major echo mentioned will make the bike run bad. will not accelerate as fast as it should.

If he wants to meet me at KCIR, I will let him try a direct mount filter on the carb to see if that helps him out.

DuneDevil

Old 08-01-2003, 01:11 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks dunedevil For all the advise. Is that dirt drags or on the strip and when do they have them? Thanks Raptrman!!!!

Old 08-01-2003, 01:23 AM
Range Rover

I'm not sure if this was ever answered and sorry if it was but, have tou swapped bikes? If he is not as experienced a rider as you maybe his bike does haul a$$ and HE is not dialed in on his bike. Also with the mods he has it sounds like if he ran the TM45 it would make a huge HUGE difference.

Old 08-01-2003, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider

Pushinthelimit may have said a few things he shouldn't have, but he apologized. So that's settled. As for the DS, I do not know those machines very well, but would definetly check the oil tank drain plug!! If plugged this WILL lead to engine seizure!

Old 08-01-2003, 01:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ok,

there has been some good advise given out, so you guys will have alot to check out. Also take notes on what his current settings are at(mainJet, PilotJet,Needle position) also what exhaust is he running. DO A COMPRESSION CHECK, and double check the cam timing!!

Their was a guy on here a few weaks back that was very dissapionted in his DS's performance, and with the help of these guys he found a small tear in the rubber diaphram that controls the slide on the carb, basically keeping the carb half choked all the time.

Let me know when you guys come to LS, and I will try and meet you guys up thier.

Bigger.