CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

question about nos

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 12:24 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about nos

daddog you seem to know a lot about this, after reading your post looks like terrys raptor was burning a lot of something his raptor was putting out a lot of black smoke. hey when i get a nos set up i'll be getting ahold of you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2003, 12:44 PM
Range Rover

I have thought quite a bit about the possibility of using nitrous, but I don't think I could keep my thumb off the button and my motor wouldn't last very long that way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. Sandman I would love to see what your DS would do on nitrous.

Old 08-06-2003, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

I have ran just a 10 shot, and yes, you can definately tell a difference. You don't need a dual valve petcock, just cut your fuel line, and put in a "T" type fitting, one line going to the carb, and the other going to the fuel pump. then another line goes from the other side of the fuel pump to the fuel solenoid. You can just go buy a fuel pump for $49 at the auto parts store Nx wants $103.99 for their fuel pump. Then I think a solenoid is around $70 bucks. you can find most of this stuff on ebay, too. Then just buy a "wet" fogger nozzle. You do have a Relay/emitter, don't you? if not, you need one of those, too. I'd definately suggest at least a N2O pressure gauge.

Old 08-06-2003, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider

here is a thought let me know if it sounds like its worth messing with. my main concern is i do not want to run a higher main jet so everyday trail ridding is not affected. is it possible to run a dry shot of nitrous befor the carb and inject fuel in to the intake at the same time off of a fuel solenoid. seems like this would avoid the delay between nitrous and fuel. also i would be able to keep my current main jet size. let me know if this would be possoble to do.

Old 08-07-2003, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider

Dad is right, I agree with everything he said, I ran a 25 shot in mine and didnt have a problem but it was pushing the limit, I lived for draggs though so thats what it was used for, long engine life wasnt that high on the list of concerns. If I would have kept my quad I was looking to run ALOT more than that but the engine was going to built for it. Also I was doing some things that will help the engine take a bigger shot besides stuff to the motor itself.

FORGET THE IDEA OF YOUR NOS PRIOR TO THE CARB. DO NOT MESS WITH THIS STUFF!!! I cannont express enough how much you cannot do that hehehe. Do it right or dont do it at all, NOS will launch your motor faster than no oil so beleive me when I say this....dont go cheap, cheap=BOOM without the proper knowledge of the stuff.

Old 08-07-2003, 07:25 AM
Pro Rider

thanks for everyines help. like demon said, i am trying to learn everything i can befor i install this kit. couple of more questions. how much fuel pressure do you need to run? where is the best place to mount the bottle?

Old 08-08-2003, 03:58 AM
Pro Rider

Well the fuel pressure isnt as important as it is to matching the right jet for the pressure, if you have higher pressure you use a smaller jet. Most pumps I have seen run 2, 2.5 or 5lbs of pressure. As for the bottle, it is entirely up to you. As long as it is tilted nozzle up and for best results should be facing forward. Deff. not bacwards though.