CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

&^#%@^&*&$#.......

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default &^#%@^&*&$#.......

Whent out to test the new vortex cdi tonight and while out tried teaching a buddy how to launch his new raptor. Well as he launched, he spun in front of my bike and busted out my fog light lenses!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Now i know it was an accident, but I dont think you can just replace the lenses can you? If not how much is the whole light assembly? I was just really glad that it did not bust out my headlight too.

As for the cdi box, I have heard a few of you say you could not tell a difference. I thought it felt totally different than the stocker. I can definetely feel a big difference in the entire power curve of the first map (8900). Im still trying to get used to the extra r's. I keep catching myself shifting out at 7500 or so..lol

Anyone got any ideas on the fog lights?

Old 08-07-2003, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider

Kick his butt then make him pay for the lights Pure...J/K. I could tell a big difference over the stock cdi but I'm having a heck of a time feeling the difference between curve settings 2 thru 0 on the Vortex. I've left mine on the #1 position and it works fine. You going racing with us this Saturday night in Dexter?

JMiller

Old 08-07-2003, 02:39 AM
Range Rover

You can either replace the lights for $110 at the Bombardier website or you can go to hidstore.com and they make a HID headlight kit for $199 that is supposed to totally kick A$$. Supposed to put out about 160W and tax your stator for only about 45W. HOWS ABOUT THEM APPLES?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-07-2003, 02:42 AM
Pro Rider

NO WAY..
Dude, those lights are Made by Moose!!!! they sell for 35$ on Dennis Kirks website!!!!!!!!! the only BOMB part is the side mettal thingy... do a search on DK's site.. its a b!tch to find them but they are there!! my friend has them.. Or goto moose directly..

Old 08-07-2003, 02:45 AM
Pro Rider

and that hid light is for the main headlight not the fog lamps.

Old 08-07-2003, 02:51 AM
Pro Rider

Ok I searched for you!!
here is JUST the lense
http://www.denniskirk.com/powervendo...d&PartNo=22193
its costs a wooping 6 bucks.
here is the bulbs
http://www.denniskirk.com/powervendo...d&PartNo=22189
costs 3 bucks
and here is the kit
http://www.denniskirk.com/powervendo...d&PartNo=21996
costs 35 bucks..
good luck..
I think the wiring on the back is different but nothing a splicer cant fix [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-07-2003, 08:16 AM
Pro Rider

Thanx for the research Mudstud appreciate it. I take it you cant just replade just the lens can you? Are these brighter than the stockers and will they fit in using the stock slide set up that is already on it?

Pud, I wont be able to make it this weekend for I am going diving down at Table rock lake. Next weekend I am going to LS to ride a little [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. As far as the settings go, I have yet to try them out other than the number one and two settings. I did however notice a difference. It seem strangely to me, but now i can bring the bike up in first and second way easier than before. I didn't think that the box would make that kind of difference. But man worth the money. As you know I had put that tire slime in my tires and ever since as soon as I put it in fifth it will shake like crazy. Now I get that shaking coming out of third..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Although i do not like the vibration, I love the extra go fast!!

Kenny

Old 08-07-2003, 10:04 AM
Pro Rider

Pure, even though you have the cdi you should be shifting WELL before 7500 rpms. Since you still have stock carb and cams you are probably peaking at around 6500 so any shifting after 7000 is wasting time. At 7500 rpms you probably aren't making but about 20 hp.

Old 08-07-2003, 10:23 AM
Elite Pro Rider

i know it sucks when your stuff gets broke or isn't running, but if you get all worked up over it, something isn't right. you should be getting enjoyment out of these thing. i had a tecate 3 in it's day i worked on that so much that i began to hate it, except when it did run it was fast. well one night as i was throwing wrenchs in the garage i realised i wasn't having fun, and that i either needed to get a new hobby or just relax and let things happen as they do. well after i figured that out i have enjoyed atv's much more. i have a simlar thing i'm going to be buying all new a-arms because someone else caused a accident, plus my nice set of itp rims have a nice dent now but, it's all good. but if your friend was being stupid he should get you a new head light, or get a new riding friend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-07-2003, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider

I am not sure if they bolt up directly, cuz i dont knowhot the DS ones mount. If they are brigheter then good for you!!! Actually people un 55's in them and its just fine.... I know that the back side of the bracket is flat with the hole in it for mounting...