CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

720 race report

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 01:21 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 720 race report

went to florence yesterday to ride well at the first parking lot there is a hill everyone races on, so afer getting the family ready, i roll out and there is a couple banshees racing so i rolled up to the start area, and as many of you know the banshees will run over so one gets there first the slower of them and i run him. well things felt good, well he lost so his fast friend runs over and we race, well he didn't fair much better than his friend, so we stop and talk he said he was making fun of his friend for losing to a big old bomb beer dear. so that was kind of fun. anyways the day rolled on and several trips to comp, the bomb did great more people came up to the trailer to see what has been done. i don't want to make this sound like more than it is there wasn't more than three super drag banshees, and i raced one of them and he lost, so i think they choice to stay put this weekend. now when everyone was getting ready for dune fest those guys on the really strong banshees handed me my a$$ but for the most part this 720 really puts out the power.
my friend brought his raptor that had gave me so much trouble with the stage two, that he put nos on to catch back up well after several runs, he is going to have to have a larger than 20 hp to take the 720. the first race was pretty cool 5 banshees with fourstrokes on each end, and both 4 strokes were ahead at the end, then it was just me and him.
this engine amazes me and others, this is all happening with out the extended swingarm, i have to say that the sand is very light right now and very dry, i'm sure when the rains come i won't be able to hit any power with out it coming over. well anybody thinking of doing a engine this is a great set-up.

Old 08-10-2003, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default 720 race report

Sounds Great! Glad to hear you had a good time.

By the way, what all does your friend have done to his Raptor? And what brand of nitrous system was he running? Do you know if he has a micro switch? Thanks

Old 08-11-2003, 10:31 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default 720 race report

he has a high compression piston and a cam plus the goodies to make those things work, he seems to run with about any raptor around, although he said he was losing to a 770 raptor with out the nos at dunefest, with he was winning easy. he got the nx set up for nos and his is a switch that hits with the throttle.