CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

best pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003 | 11:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default best pipe?

Ya ya ya ..... there are a few that complain on that disk. But I don't launch my DS 30 feet in the air. I do like to jump it and never had a problem. As far as sticking out the back, I think that just makes it look cool. If you have a desert grab bar and wheely in the sand, you won't have a problem. Wheely in the dirt, you'll have to modify the desert grab bar and push it out another 1/4 inch. But, there are no wierd bands that clamp on the exhaust at the wrong angle, or screen spark arrestors that blow out. And if you don't like the finish, just do what I did! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-10-2003 | 11:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default best pipe?

Originally posted by: BaJaBoy03
Hows the sound? I need performance plus i need it to be somewhat quiet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

If you want quiet performance then forget it! hahahaha -- Modify your end cap or get a billet end cap.

Old 08-10-2003 | 11:13 PM
Trailblazer
Default best pipe?

I made my own endcap...works great.Just way too loud to be running in state forests where riding is illegal.Out here we dont have places to ride.

My Endcap

Old 08-11-2003 | 10:19 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default best pipe?

there is a few places that sell them on line now

Old 08-12-2003 | 11:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default best pipe?

I have a pro circuit slip-on. I am very happy with the performance, but you can't stand within 15ft of the back of it or you will go deaf. It is very loud[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]. The only good thing is that it doesn't stick out of the back, it is tucked up high in the fender, and it doesn't hit the suspension.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-12-2003 | 12:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default best pipe?

Without the full exhaust and just a slip on I would just try an end cap.

For a full exhaust I would say a RWR is tops. Some people have had the RWR pipe hit the swing arm, mine clears fine. I love the free flow performance in the dunes and I like the ability to put on a supetrap for woods and trails.

My only problem with the RWR pipe is the finish, It's never rusted, but is did dull.

The pipe comparisons in the rags is crap, it all depends on who has the $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Hopefully helpfull

Old 08-12-2003 | 04:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default best pipe?

Ironrod, you left the Ct pipe out. It has good horsepower gains.

Old 08-12-2003 | 07:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default best pipe?

I like my full CT pipe. Got it used made alot of sence.

Old 08-12-2003 | 08:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default best pipe?

i highly recomend the Trinity Stage IV Exhaust System. its awesome and it looks sweet.
Trinity claims it adds 10hp to a stock machine....its loud too.

Thanks
Good luck with your decision
Rob

Old 08-12-2003 | 10:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default best pipe?

After having my exhaust nickel plated, I really do think that either stainless steel or nickel plating steel is the best from a finish perspective. I've had several Ron Wood Racing aluminum ceramic glazed exhausts and I think that ceramic coating should be redone at least once a year along with re-packing. If not re-glazing, then it should be nickel plated. Both ceramic glazing and nickel plating is better over stainless steel for heat dissipation and therefore performance. But nickel plating is much, much more permanent and tougher ceramic glazing.

Quick Reply: best pipe?