CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

a-arm questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 12:24 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a-arm questions

first i don't really mind the stock set up, for the kind of riding we do.

1- i could replace with the stock parts on the damaged side, seems it would be about 250-300

2- there is all new front and this seems to go for about 439- 800

3- buy new stock lower and the asr uppers about 325 this way

so from what i understand the asr is somewhat questionable, some really like them and some reall have negative about them.

has anyone bought the armadillo's from rocky mountain? i'm kind of leaning this way, that way the front will be all fresh and tight, i know the price seems cheap for a-arms, so any feed back would be great, but the price isn't that much different than replacing with stock, so this is causing me to wonder about this set-up.

now what is the +2 going to do for me? am i right in thinking it will move the front tires 2" forward. which will cause what exactly? thanks for the help guys.

Old 08-13-2003, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default a-arm questions

i would think moving the a-arms forward 2 inches would move the weight bias more towards the front.

Rob

Old 08-13-2003, 07:19 PM
Range Rover
Default a-arm questions

The weight bias moves in the opposite direction of your wheel / axle movement. Move the wheels forward to shift weight to the rear, and move the wheels back to shift it to the front. It's the same for the front or the rear. This is why all the drag and hillclimb guys run the super long swingarms. They want to move as much of the weight forward as possible, to keep the nose down, and move the axle way back to do it. Hope this helps.

Old 08-13-2003, 10:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Default a-arm questions

well i hate to admitt this publicly but if i were in your shoes i would give tbr a call [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

second +2 is normaly wider
I have only heard of +1 forward
+1 moves the weight forward unless you go 1- in the rear which moves the weight backwards

For awhile i had this setup on my mid size ds it was the ultimate duner it carved good jumped good and out right changed the complete handling of the ds Buuuuut im a hill shooter and drag racer so i did not keep this setup

Well i hope that helps i hope i did not get that wrong???????

Old 08-14-2003, 12:24 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default a-arm questions

will the tbr actually do that much for performance? i might consider them for my machine but she is thinking she might want a new machine. well this maybe a stock replacement and call it good.

Old 08-14-2003, 12:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default a-arm questions

Well if the wife insist on selling her's OK but your daughter can not sell hers i belive we have a race to settle @ sand mt???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-14-2003, 12:49 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default a-arm questions

she doesn't have the ds any more it's the blaster now 6 gears what's a guy do, i hear some go and buy new engines[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img], some send in there race head and have a little shaved off, something about higher compression.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] anyways it will be great to finally meet everyone.

Old 08-14-2003, 08:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default a-arm questions

I had already heard the young lady had an extra gear. So i paniced spun a bearing and went for more power[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 08-14-2003, 11:51 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default a-arm questions

sha has actually been nice to her brother lately i think she is planning on taking his machine, must of heard about weight and horse power ratio[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-15-2003, 01:45 PM
Range Rover
Default a-arm questions

You're right Azsand, I don't know what I was thinking. Moving the front arms forward will definately put more weight on the nose. Sorry for any confusion...

Quick Reply: a-arm questions