CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Holley, NX, or Boondocker?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 06:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holley, NX, or Boondocker?

You know what I'm talking about! yeah I'm thinking its about time!
So please give honest opinions and experiences, what the kits have and don't have that I need or don't necesarily need. I've done my homework, I know what's up, even know how to make it all homemade including jets, nozzles, etc., but don't wanna bother. Rather get a kit already put together with a variety of adjustability. Now I'm not experienced mind you, so any advice, knowledge, and wisdom will be much apreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Old 08-17-2003, 07:17 PM
Elite Pro Rider

that boone docker system seems interesting but it is new, seems most run the nx, but one of my riding friends just blew the gasket out of the bottom of his raptor i didn't realise it produced so much crankcase pressure. i've been thinking about it more and my wait another season, let you work the bugs out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2003, 07:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

It'll be a really fun toy for sure. hopefully I won't get too carried away and push it to the limit, stick with mild boosts and get that RW piston designed just for NOS.
That Boondocker seems overpriced to me, they sure want a lot just for a bottle. and the concept of injecting prior to the carb doesn't really seem like any big deal either, but maybe I'm wrong?
Holley invented the systems that most other copy from what I've read, seems I otta stick with them. But I wanna hear from the guys running it, maybe the component quality of one is better than the other? I like the white NX bottle better than the blue....

Old 08-17-2003, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

If I ever went to nitrous, I would trust Holley/NOS over any others.

My buddy ran NX on his Raptor, only ran a 10 shot cause he had stock piston, but had nt problems. But kit was $500, so for the extra $100 i would definately go with Holley.IMO

Old 08-17-2003, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hightower
hopefully I won't get too carried away and push it to the limit.
WHY NOT!!!! C'MON!! You're unworthy!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]........ lol jokin.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2003, 08:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have used NX, NOS and Boondocker. I think the NX is the best system overall. I put a Boondocker system on my DS650 and liked it so much that I now have installed the systems on two other of my bikes. The Docker system is great because anyone can set it up, it comes with the correct nozzles for the application and it is very easy to install. The only thing the docker system is lacking is the all out race power of the NX system, even with the 8 hole nozzle I don't get nearly as much power as my NX with foggers mounted in the head. I don't think you can beat the Docker system for recreational fun and ease of installation, but if you want serious race power NX is the way to go.

Old 08-17-2003, 08:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

WHY NOT!!!! C'MON!! You're unworthy!!!!........ lol jokin.
LOL, Pushinthelimit!!!!

Thanks new2ds, keep 'em coming guys!

Old 08-17-2003, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider

I wired my Nx system myself, and wired something wrong, well, it burned up a solenoid, relay, and a fuel pump, and Nx replaced them for me no questions asked, even though it was my fault. I have shot 25 on my 13:1 raptor quite a few times with no problems. I'd definately suggest Nx system. I think Holley/NOS is good for fuel injected applications, but Nx is better for a carborated machine.

Old 08-18-2003, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

I have the NX myself and have had no problems (with the system) but know if I do that it should be covered by warranty. I have also heard that the NX Piranha nozzles are better than the NOS ones. Just my opinion, but NX ALL THE WAY!!

Old 08-24-2003, 05:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

mind is made up - NX it is, based on this and other information researched since!
Thanks guys, its gonna be a blast (i gotta wait a while though).

Quick Reply: Holley, NX, or Boondocker?