CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Renthal, Tag or Protaper?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Renthal, Tag or Protaper?

I want to get rid of that cross bar on the DS stock bars.
What brand offers the best strength should I dump the quad?
What advantage does FAT bars offer?
Whats the best way to go?

I know on the FAT bars that TAG has some antivibration or something like that? Dont they offer a twinwall??

Old 09-01-2003, 01:44 AM
Pro Rider

You wanna see that tach don't ya.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Tag T2 bars baby!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

You will need the fat bar mounting kit that comes with them too..... Sorry just stating the obvious....

Old 09-01-2003, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider

I just recently put on Renthal Fatbar w/ the tusk big bar clamp. I wanted to get rid of the stock bars just so i could see all of my tach. With my new setup i can see the entire tach perfectly. With the tusk big bar/ riser clamp, the bars clear the tank just fine. It feels like the bars are lower then stock now. I like it that way tho. my hands are down a tad lower so it doesnt feel like im gonna go over backwards all the time when im doing wheelies.

RoughRider01

Old 09-01-2003, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

I was thinking of the renthal twinwalls and the alba or trail tech riser.. How much is the Tusk?

Old 09-01-2003, 03:54 PM
Elite Pro Rider

the tags survived a roll by mrs sandman at ds days i think they are pretty good. i have the trail tech bar mounts. kmduner thought it was a little heavy though, he has the same.

Old 09-01-2003, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider

I forgot how much they were, they were the cheapest ones, maybe 35?? Theyre are pretty cheap set-up, but they work.

If you have some extra money to spend, the ROX bar risers are something you should look into.
Heres a link to them if you dont know what im talking about.. click here

Old 09-02-2003, 09:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have the Trailtech X Bars with their mount. So far so good (but I haven't rolled yet with these on). Crap - I just jinxed myself...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 09-02-2003, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider

I can attest to the durability of Trail Tech X bars (and riser). I performed a pretty amazing slo-mo endo at Sand Mountain, UT earlier this year with the classic dismount (the one that includes the cringe and the "this is gonna hurt"). When my DS finally quit rolling down the little 40-50 ft dune my whip and headlight were broken, my stearing stem bend pretty bad, but my x-bars still maintained there factory bends! If your one of those guys that ejects on a regular basis it might be best to stay with cheaper bars that will give a little and carry a spare. On the other hand I really like my bars--fit and finish--and try my best to stay in the saddle....someone needs to invent some break away bars that fold back at the last bends upon impact!

Old 09-02-2003, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider

tag T2 on mine. drives the girls crazy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-02-2003, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider

I have the renthal fat bars and the trailtech clamp. Like Sandman said, I think the trailtech clamp is very good looking however a bit on the heavy side. Not good for drag racers.

I was impressed with the tags that are on Mrs. Sandmans ride the roll over didn't even phase them.......or her for that matter.

Quick Reply: Renthal, Tag or Protaper?