CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Dry cell battery..

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dry cell battery..

I just ordered one of these to try out. I will give a report later on after some testing.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Odessy pc545 dry cell battery

Old 09-12-2003, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider

I just installed my Odessy pc545 drycell battery and I like it a lot! I have some pics here: BTW, this battery will fit the stock battery box.

Dry cell battery and lectron 46hv pics

Old 09-12-2003, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider

I have seen a lot of posts about battery failures on the yausa batteries in the ds. Has anyone checked to make sure they are not overcharging. If voltage is getting above 14.5 it will make many batteries gas and lose water regardless of type. You might have regulator problems. One thing you can do if its always to high is to run with your lights on to keep a load on the system and keep peak charging voltage down . I have always used yausa batteries and 4 to five years was the normal life span for them. Also make sure there is no parisitic drain. If these small batteries are left discharghed for more than a couple of days they will sufate up and short out very quickly. Good luck.

Old 09-12-2003, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider

One big thing that kills battery on the DS is vibration.

Old 09-12-2003, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, this battery is built to stand up to the vibration and can be mounted sideways. It has plenty of cranking power and a long service life. I never had a problem with batteries until I relocated them. The yusa batteries are ok but not as good as this one.

Old 09-13-2003, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

I guess thumper is a very apropriate description on the ds. My cannondale has some good vibes too ,but its a good kind of vibe.

Old 09-13-2003, 01:56 AM
Pro Rider

Like BillDS650 said the biggest problem with the battery is vibration. I went through 6 batteries before fixing the vibration problem. The DS vibrates so bad the cells touch in the battery and short. Whatever you do dont buy a Power Source battery!

Old 09-13-2003, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider

Where did you ardeor the Oddessey from? I know Summit Racing carries the brand but not sure about sizes. My battery is on the verge of being replaced. I charged it all night and it still didnt crank the quad this morning. The Yuasa (non dry) has been in my jet ski for 4 yrs now. Whenever it starts dying I just add a little water charge it and its fine.

Old 09-13-2003, 06:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

I have been running the odessy PC545 dry cell for about two years its is very reliable and a exellent preformer!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-13-2003, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSJOBBER
Where did you ardeor the Oddessey from? I know Summit Racing carries the brand but not sure about sizes. My battery is on the verge of being replaced. I charged it all night and it still didnt crank the quad this morning. The Yuasa (non dry) has been in my jet ski for 4 yrs now. Whenever it starts dying I just add a little water charge it and its fine.

This is where I ordered mine.
Odyssey battery

This is the best price that I could find.

Quick Reply: Dry cell battery..