CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Ordered a Vortex CDI!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered a Vortex CDI!!!

WhooHoo! I just ordered a Vortex CDI with the ignition cut-out for clutchless shifting! Should be here by the middle of next week. Its being programmed for running gas/race gas and alky. I hope to try all of them out. I had them set the rev limit at 9800, does that sound about right? I'll be running .435"lift/ 298 dur cams, 11.5:1 CR(stk bore/stroke), ported head, RWR dual springs w/ Ti retainers.
Gotta go remove the RWR CDI to make room for the new Vortex...!

Old 09-19-2003, 09:31 AM
Pro Rider

What are you going to do with the RWR one?
If your selling i'm intarested, let me know how much.
later

Old 09-19-2003, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider

Bird,

Throw that RWR on Ebay. I didn't loose a dime and rode mine for 4 years. No kidding.

Marky

Old 09-19-2003, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider

what did that one cost you and where did you get it?

Old 09-19-2003, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider

I'd be interested in your used RWR CDI as well....

And Iron Rod?! What's up with that suggestion????
How about passing it on to the fellas before the basic public of Ebay?!?!?! Unless your greedy! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

And "Bird".... I could pay with Paypal or money order without a blink of an eye!
Let me know.... It's desert season out here!!!! Glamis is calling!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-19-2003, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Squatcher
what did that one cost you and where did you get it?

Check yer PM's...

Old 09-20-2003, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

Bird Im ready to run that thing. Is it ready. Redriver sunday okay. Oh yeah and Hallsville asphalt drags friday night.

Old 09-21-2003, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider

Tim,

The head should be here by the middle of next week. I could have it together by the weekend if i don't have to change shims...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I don't know what shims til it gets here.

Man, i'm ready to get the DS going! Red River, huh? Dang, i guess i gotta add paddle tires to the list...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I don't think i've ever owned something that burnt up so much money by just sitting there...!!! I have'nt ridden the darn thing since the week after ATPT...

Old 09-21-2003, 04:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Does anybody know if you can get the GSM (gear selected map) option on the DS or Raptor ignition from Vortex? It sounds like a nice addition to an already nice ignition.
Go here to see what I am talking about.

Old 09-21-2003, 10:23 AM
Trailblazer

Well guys let me tell you my experience with the vortex cdi, in short it is ok but its not the best I have tried the PAMI 2 unit is way better
I have a vortex as programmed from the manufactuer but in every curve it does not seem to perform as well as the Pami unit. Hey may be its just me but I've had 3 Boms and all have be modified with the basics, pipe, K@N etc the first CDI I got was the Pami it pulled hard and was responsive and I've had on the three quads, on the last quad, I bought A Vortex to replace the Pami however the Quad seemed to go down on performance no matter what the curve. So these are my comments take them as you please I have justr bought a Baja X the Pami Cdi will be put on it. By the way A Vortex CDI is $ 500.00 in Australia or basically $ 300.00 US.

Best Regards

Peter V

Quick Reply: Ordered a Vortex CDI!!!