CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Whats wrong with this picture?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats wrong with this picture?

Im not lieing. I have witnesses. This is what they told me. Maybe just a sorry excuse???

Old 09-28-2003, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

definetly some BS, things can be improved on, they just told u wat u wanted to hear

Old 09-28-2003, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSJOBBER
Im not lieing. I have witnesses. This is what they told me. Maybe just a sorry excuse???
I don't think your lying. But, I would like to know who said that so that I don't buy parts from them. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Marky

Old 09-28-2003, 10:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

1.I have sidewinder sprockets that are three seasons old and light as heII there made of aircraft alum and last very well if maintained right!!
2. i belive its dyna or msd thats suposed to be realeasing a self programable ing you ged to set your own rev limit!! it might already be avalible
3.Tbr already builds a complete suspension system for the ds.
4. tvi has swing arms jugs heads alum do dads engines gaskets you name it !!
5 elka makes shocks
6.king makes shocks
7.ims makes desert tanks foot pegs and various other do dads
8.vortex has a programabe ing for the ds
9.god only knows how many co make exhaust for the ds
10. IM GETTING TIRED BUT IT SEEMS PEOPLE ARE COMING AROUND TO THE DS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-28-2003, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: AZSAND
1.I have sidewinder sprockets that are three seasons old and light as heII there made of aircraft alum and last very well if maintained right!!
2. i belive its dyna or msd thats suposed to be realeasing a self programable ing you ged to set your own rev limit!! it might already be avalible
3.Tbr already builds a complete suspension system for the ds.
4. tvi has swing arms jugs heads alum do dads engines gaskets you name it !!
5 elka makes shocks
6.king makes shocks
7.ims makes desert tanks foot pegs and various other do dads
8.vortex has a programabe ing for the ds
9.god only knows how many co make exhaust for the ds
10. IM GETTING TIRED BUT IT SEEMS PEOPLE ARE COMING AROUND TO THE DS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
AZ is EXACTLY RIGHT! There is a demand, and people are stepping up to the plate, I just would like more to step up and those that do to provide more quality.

Old 09-28-2003, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

Well said Ironrod, but I think they have looped us DS riders in with the rest of the shmoes out there. You are right. It seems like most of the DS parts are the same as found on other brands with slight mods to them. I hear you frustration. I bought a RWR CDI for my 03 just to find out that I had to cut and splice wires. I can probably guess that they havent changed yet either. Knowing damn well that the DS's from 03 on will all have the same plug. Damn now im getting all worked up. Take for example MBRP. They make a Raptor exhaust that is dyno tested and shows signifigant gains, but for the DS all they have is a exhaust setup, no Dyno #'s showing performance gains. Dont get me wrong MBRP makes a quality product that IMO is better then most, its that they didnt put any R&D into making the exhaust a worthy competitor on the performance side. I too am tired of trying products just to find that they suck thus doing the R&D for the $hit hole companies. Ok next. i need a beer now

Old 09-28-2003, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider

DSJOBBER,

Your example of the RWR CDI is right on. I mean how hard could it be just to ship the darn thing with the right plug to begin with? Or, activate and tune the accelerator pump to work correctly? There are others starting to listen - Like AZSand wrote, there is the Vortex and Big Gun is about a week away from launching thier DS CDI unit. I was looking at the Dyna site today and they make some decent CDIs for other quads. It would be cool to see them for the DS.

Marky

Old 09-29-2003, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider

while we're on the subject, i've been calling trinity for about the last 2 months about their big bore kit. now i don't know how many others may be interested in trinity, but i do know a lot of the forum members are interested in the 720. trinity was supposed to have this done mid summer according to them, but sandman430 put in a call to them last week and they have put the project on the back burner to deal with the cheetah cylinders for the banshees. what the hell's up with that? banshees won't even be sold starting in the next few years...it's time to move on to the four strokes and get some r&d into them

Old 09-29-2003, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider

The Yamaha Raptor is out selling the DS650 by 25-30 to 1. This comes from numbers directly from Bombarier representatives. With sales numbers like that, were do you think a smart business would put their R&D money. With greater sales, comes the oportunity to re-coup the R&D money more slowly, meaning that the prices per part can be lower.

If just one manufacturer, or just one shop, were the only sorce for DS parts, they could do well to come out with new products. Unfortunatly, competition amongst different vendors means that no one will get the whole "pie", and the DS "pie" is not big enough for multiple shops to survive on.

DS owners are simply forced to deal with the fact that they will never have the choices that other riders have. We are perpetually on the back burner and will remain there for the forseeable future.

Bombardier could help spark the intrest in the aftermarket, and boost it's own sales, if they were to "think outside the box" with it's advertiving and promotion, the way their designers do. With a $12,000,000 advertizing budget [ATV advertizing only, as per 3 years ago], you would think they could spend the money a little more wisely than full page ads in a newspaper that only one in 10,000 readers ride ATV's. Sponsoring something like a National TT race of Champions, all on equally modded or stock DS650's, would cost about the same and appeal directly to riders. As the ridership grew, so would the aftermarket.

Hoping for much more support from the aftermarket is rather futile, untill [or unless] Bombardier steps up help them selves.

Old 09-29-2003, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Knutz
The Yamaha Raptor is out selling the DS650 by 25-30 to 1. This comes from numbers directly from Bombarier representatives. With sales numbers like that, were do you think a smart business would put their R&D money. With greater sales, comes the oportunity to re-coup the R&D money more slowly, meaning that the prices per part can be lower.

If just one manufacturer, or just one shop, were the only sorce for DS parts, they could do well to come out with new products. Unfortunatly, competition amongst different vendors means that no one will get the whole "pie", and the DS "pie" is not big enough for multiple shops to survive on.

DS owners are simply forced to deal with the fact that they will never have the choices that other riders have. We are perpetually on the back burner and will remain there for the forseeable future.

Bombardier could help spark the intrest in the aftermarket, and boost it's own sales, if they were to "think outside the box" with it's advertiving and promotion, the way their designers do. With a $12,000,000 advertizing budget [ATV advertizing only, as per 3 years ago], you would think they could spend the money a little more wisely than full page ads in a newspaper that only one in 10,000 readers ride ATV's. Sponsoring something like a National TT race of Champions, all on equally modded or stock DS650's, would cost about the same and appeal directly to riders. As the ridership grew, so would the aftermarket.

Hoping for much more support from the aftermarket is rather futile, untill [or unless] Bombardier steps up help them selves.
Knutz,

For major new products, I think you are correct. I guess the flip side to that would be that anybody willing to make the investment, would pretty much be in a 'sellers market' position. However, there are a number of things that the extablished folks can to to tweek thier product line. Carbs, sprockets, CDIs, exhaust systems, all can be better made or sold with better enhancements. After all, these folks have already made the major investment - its too bad they are unwilling to invest a little more to keep from loosing the market they have already established.

Marky

Quick Reply: Whats wrong with this picture?