CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DRUNK, DS720 need advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 09:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DRUNK, DS720 need advice

Ok I just converter my ds 720 over to the dark side and am having a little problem it runs great lots lots lots of power but it is running out of fuel. On a long strate it will bod at the top after a wile. You just let off for a sec. aqnd the power is back then after awile it is gone. I think it is draining the flote bowles.. Would a pules style fuel pump fix this? I would change the petcock but I neet the reserve.. Anyone with a drunk ds advice would be perfect thanks....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-28-2003, 10:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

I had a friend call me with this idea awhile back but alcahol is hazardous to pulse pumps because they have rudder diaphrams. And the alcahol will dry it out in no time and thats not good!! A lot of people make the mistake of the alcahol putting out the flame for running out of fuel. What carb or carbs are you running its dang hard to run out of fuel when running alcahol it flows so fast!!do you have your petcock drilled or a pingle petcock???? and have you removed your fuel screen??? have you increased your fuel line size???

Old 09-28-2003, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

dschris, azsand is right. but take it for what it's worth, I'm from texas, just my 2cents worth!
later!
Joe

Old 09-29-2003, 11:21 AM
Trailblazer

I am running the lectron 44mm. I can seet the flote bowl and it is going dry.(love clear bowles). The screeen is still in the tank the petcock is drilled and the line is stock size.

Old 09-29-2003, 09:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Are you utilizing a power jet ????? And you may need a pinlge hi flow petcock they are the shiz nit" and the ds use the same one as the banshee" who'd of thunk it?????[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

PS; I belive kenz cycle tech in mesa has them in stock [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-29-2003, 11:47 PM
Trailblazer

Yes the lectron has a adjustable power jet. The the pinlge hi flow petcock have reserve? Around how much are they
? Thanks azsand..

Old 09-30-2003, 10:53 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

As far as reserve no. I know thats a b1tch when you have the stock tank use thye ims clear tanks so i can see my fuel level and if your going to stay on alcahol you should remove your screen and use a screen in your fill funnel this will increase your flow but slso make for no reserve?? well i hope you get her together for our pre halloween trip come join us at gordonwells for columbus day!!@gordon wells!!!

Old 09-30-2003, 11:24 AM
Trailblazer

I will be there for halloween see you there and thanks!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-30-2003, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider

I ran my alky Polaris with a Mikuni pulse pump for over a year with no problems. I did replace the diaphram after that year and the old one was still in good shape...it might have been because of the oil for 2 strokes. I know a few buddy's that run the Mikuni pulse pump and they have had no problems either.

JMiller

Old 09-30-2003, 08:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks i have had no luck finding a pump for alcahol a buddie had told me someone made them with vieton diaphrams so ill start checking on that!! Thanks again!!

Quick Reply: DRUNK, DS720 need advice