CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Sno-Traxx Conversion Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 06:09 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sno-Traxx Conversion Kit

So, earlier this year, work forced me to move from the awesome sand dunes of Southern California (I'm REALLY going to miss Dumont and Glamis) back to the colder regions of Upstate New York. In doing so, I now have a problem .... a DS650 that misses the sand dunes as much as I do and 5 months out of the year when we've got the snow on the ground. I can either:
A. Fork over another 4-5 grand for a snowmobile that will be sitting idle the summer months or
B. Fork over 2-3 grand for a Sno Traxx conversion kit.

The Sno Traxx looks like it was good a couple years ago and their updated website Sno-Traxx seems a bit out of date. My question is: Does anyone have any experience with the Sno Traxx on a DS or any other ATV?

How'd it work? Did it perform as billed? Would you buy them again? I think they look pretty cool and to use one machine year round would be great (and save garage space).

Finally, anyone have any information on the company? Are they really still around, good outlook for the next couple of years?

Thanks in advance,

NeoSirfir [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2003, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider

I've been on there order list for over 4 years and haven't got a call yet. theres another company that makes a better kit for cheaper. I'll try to find them again!

Old 10-13-2003, 06:40 PM
Range Rover

I thought about the tracks and came to realize it just wouldn't be worth it. I can find a pretty nice sled for the price they want for the kit. The sled will outperform the DS on tracks. I also found that you wouldn't be able to legally ride the snowmobile trails with the setup.

Old 10-13-2003, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

it's legal to ride them in NH, but I can't find that web site now?

Old 10-13-2003, 07:22 PM
Range Rover

ad bovin makes them now and in there brochure they show a picture of a ds setup with them

Old 10-13-2003, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

thanks that the one.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2003, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider
Old 10-13-2003, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

one i talked to SCI last they said it wouldn't b til after winter they'd be available to the public, that they'd need this winter to test it, so i'm looking into the A.D. Boivin track setup, they'll be at the snowmobile show in toronto in 2 weeks, if you have any questions that you'd like me to ask let me know, i know i already have a bunch, and as far as getting a good sled for the same price it can't happend in my situation since i already have skis, the ones they sell are $750CA, but you could do it much cheaper than that if your good at welding and bending steel, the tracks are $1500 CA and i'll never find a sled thats as fast and as reliable as my ds,

Old 10-13-2003, 09:24 PM
Trailblazer

Cool, thanks everyone for the help! The atvtracks look really great, and the price is a little better than the list on the snotraxx. Lilnotts, I'd love to hear what you see at the show...I'm only a couple hours from Toronto, but am away that weekend so wouldn't be able to make it. I agree about the reliability of the DS...it's been rock solid since the day it followed me home [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and I just can't stand to see it in the garage all winter.

This thread isn't dead, anyone else with suggestions? I remember seeing someone's profile picture of a DS with skis on the front. All opinions are welcome.

Cheers!

NeoSirfir

Old 10-13-2003, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: NeoSirfir
I remember seeing someone's profile picture of a DS with skis on the front.
hmmmm i wonder who that could be [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Sno-Traxx Conversion Kit