CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

cams??

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cams??

i just put in the pami #4race intake and A1rwr exhaust, this 760 runs like sh*t. it has good torque but no hp up top. last trip to little sahara samcoeds 700 kawi was runnin away from me. now both cams come out and get rechecked for timing (i sure the pami cam was welded out of time from robertson) and order the correct exhaust cam from pami. just another lesson on mis matching parts together[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-20-2003, 01:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default cams??

I also love the a1/a2 combo...

Old 10-20-2003, 03:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default cams??

Jeffroe,

I'm sory to hear about your bad luck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]I know you must be frustrated as all hell at this piont, but I think once you get your cam timing right, your 760 will be a totally different machine!

I had a simular inncodent happen with me cam timing, and after I got it fixed it feels like a picked up 15HP!! also make sure you Cam timing didnt lean your motor and fry a spark plug, my top plug(electrode) was burnt plum off!.

Good luck!

Kyle.

Old 10-20-2003, 11:20 PM
Range Rover
Default cams??

Hey bigger when you say get your cam timing right are you referring to stock location, or are you guys changing cam timing(advance or retarding)? Just curious!

Old 10-20-2003, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default cams??

Hey Jason,

I have a set of 109 cams that i'll let ya try out. If ya like em, we might can work something out. If not, i'll take em back. PM me...

Old 10-22-2003, 02:57 PM
Trailblazer
Default cams??

I have the RW race 7's, but haven't been albe to see how they really work. I found out that I sucked some sand and scared my cylinder and piston. Compression went to 120lbs. and leak down was 35%; ouch. Quad should be back together in a couple of weeks and than I should know how those cams perform. I plan on going to Sand Mt. the weekend of Nov. 14, so I will let you know.

Old 10-22-2003, 03:06 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default cams??

is that what was wrong at sand mountain? that is to bad.

Old 10-22-2003, 04:36 PM
Trailblazer
Default cams??

Sandman:

That's what was wrong. The first thing I did when I came back was check the clearences and they were 5 all the way around and RW advised me they should be 9 to 11. So I re-shimed and I am now at 10 all the way around. Than I had someone do the compression and leak down and I got the great news. Evidentally there was a small hole in my air cleaner and thats what did it. You couldn't even see the hole unless you took the air cleaner off and held it up in the sunlight. The fortunate thing about it is I don't need a new jug or piston. Was able to rub out the scaring, but had to replace the rings.

Sand is fun, but it can cost you if your not careful. Rest asure I will be taking off my air cleaner after every trip to thourougly inspect.

Old 10-22-2003, 04:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default cams??

Originally posted by: quadloco1
Hey bigger when you say get your cam timing right are you referring to stock location, or are you guys changing cam timing(advance or retarding)? Just curious!

Sorry for the late reply. I meant stock placement. I think it would be benefitial(sp) if you could advance/retard the cams, but 1 tooth is too much in either direction i think.

Bigger.

Old 10-22-2003, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default cams??

Originally posted by: biggerisbetter
I am curious about these cams. I am running the A1/A2 race cams from Ron Woods,and like them alot. But I have been curious to what my quad would run like with the 450's.

Hmmmm.

Flaming. If you want to, I am willing to trade you out cams, just to see if they will runn with my quad, and you can try out the A1 cams,and see if they are more to your liking. Just an idea... Atleast we wont have to be out any money(except shipping) to try out different cams.

Bigger.

I have stock cams I'll Trade you out to see if you like them and I would be a little interested to see what yours are like in my bike.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Sorry bigger its still the voices.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: cams??