CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

New ATV oil...full synthetic...clutch safe!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2003, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New ATV oil...full synthetic...clutch safe!

Royal Purple has come out with an all new Synthetic oil espicially for 4-stroke ATV's,Dirt Bikes, and motorcycles. And it is clutch friendly! This oil gives you the protection of the synthetic oil and the safety for the clutch.You can also go longer between oil changes more than twice the length or conventional! I will be runnign this oil within the next week! I will let you guys know how it works!

Old 11-23-2003, 08:41 PM
Trailblazer

Ron Woods Racing says to use REDLINE 20-40 synthetic oil and nothing else except Bombardier 4 stroke oil. I wouldn't chance it. Stick to something tried and true. It might work, or it might not....How many spare Rotax motors do you have in your garage?

Regards,

GLWBEAR

Old 11-24-2003, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider

The -oil- is tested and is a great oil....lets all listen to a story...once upon a time..::..::..

.....at Paris motor speedway Shane Morton(my bro) was runnign 2nd place in the A-feature with 6 laps to go and his oil psi guage went down to 0! He thought it was just the guage cause he finished the race. So we changed the guage out with a new one and being in the rush we were in...we didnt check it. So we went out to the track and he went out for the heat race and it showed 0 oil psi so my dad (team owner) told him to run it anyway! And so we did.....all night....hot laps, heat race, A-feature. Then we got smart and pulled the pan. To our suprise....the oil pump pick up tube had fallen off!!! So we ran one set up hot laps, one heat race, two a-features with 0 oil pressure. Believe it? YOU BETTER!!!

I think I will stick with royal purple

dont knock the sponsor
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-24-2003, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider

good ad

Old 11-24-2003, 01:35 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Royal Purple does make some really trick stuff. I have seen dyno runs where people have changes ALL their fluids in a high horsepower car to Royal People and have picked up around 5 HP at the rear wheels. It is real good stuff, as well as Amsoil

Old 11-24-2003, 01:37 AM
Range Rover

Mobil 1 Red Cap works very well i everything. You wanna pay more for full synth go right ahead but my 1991 VX800 has only had dino oil for 12 years and runs like new....

Old 11-24-2003, 01:37 AM
Trailblazer

Sounds like your a dealer trying to sell something? We used to call that stuff "Purple Death" It was made then my UNION 76 Oil, I know it's a different oil. Remember that TV infomercial where they drained all the oil from the crankcase and then pored sand all over the open Valve cover where the valve springs were all moving. Then they poured water all over the motor and filled the crankcase so that even water poured from the oil drain. They then took a motor and ran it on a Dyno and did major high RPM runs with the Snake oil, then drained the oil and ran additional Dyno runs at full speed and no apparant failures. The motor kept on running and everyone was so surprised. Is this how your oil was tested? I'm sure glad this wasn't one of my formula one race motors.

Slick 50 Z-Max and all the other Snake Oils are a big joke! Synthetic oils are the only thing to run in a high performance motor. Smokey Yunick said to run Dinasour oil in a internal combustion motor was like running recaps at Indy. I'm a firm believer in Synthetic oils. There are good ones and not so good ones. That's why Porsche and Corvettes all come with Mobil one in the crankcase from the Factory. Where does this one have a confirmed Track record from? Is this a Polyester based or a Diester based synthetic oil? Has it been tested by independent testing Labs? If so name them and give me the results.

Tell me more about your Purple oil? How long has the company been in business? Tell me more about the Base Stocks used to make the oil? What about the additive packages used and what is it's Flash point? How does it handle moisture for a marine applications? Is it made totally in the USA or is is made outside the USA? If so where is it made and by whom? I want a oil that is 100% USA made.

I'm seriously interested in your oil. I use Synthetics in very sophisticated Racing applications where motors cost $100,000 to $250K a copy and turn from 8,000 to 10,000 Rpm's and are all dry sumped. Give me an E-Mail address and we'll talk more when the whole world isn't watching & listening.

Regards,

GLWBEAR

Old 11-24-2003, 01:50 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I like Mobil 1 too. I run that in my blazer for Motor oil and trans oil (both synthetic) But in the diffs I run R.P. Especially since it already has the LSD addative in it. When I took my Driveline Service class at school last month, I put a Posi in my truck. I asked the teacher what oil to use. He told me to ask the teacher next door who was running the Engines class, becasue he owns a race car shop where he builds high HP cars, or something to that affect. For diffs, they run Royal Purple. He has done his own testing and found R.P and Mobil 1 synthetic gears lubes to be the best. So I went with R.P in my diff. But in the quad, I run the Mobil 1 for the winter and switch it out to the more expensive Amsoil (with a WIX filter) for the summer riding. Nothing but synthetics for my toys. It is worth paying a little more for the extra piece of mind

Old 11-24-2003, 03:34 AM
Pro Rider

Royal Purple has actually been around a LOOOOOOOOONGGGGG Time! At least since the 70's.