CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Are Gecko Sand Tires any good for the DS?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are Gecko Sand Tires any good for the DS?

Originally posted by: 400CatDriver
Actually, I think that other than the weight of that 700 it has great potential. You can really hop up a twin. Probably get up to around an 800+cc's out of it when the kits start being produced. The automatic might siphon off some power but i think maybe not having to shift will make up for it. Are they producing the high compression sleeves and piston sets yet?

Yep, they make a 785cc kit for it. From what I have read, the biggest problem is the stock ignition. It pulls a lot of timing out as the rpms increase. Hopefully this will be adressed early next year with some sort of aftermarket ignition. So, how bad does that ds beat your raptor?

Old 12-10-2003, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

That Raptor runs pretty good. I outweigh my son by about 50 pounds so if I don't get a good start off the line then I can't run him down on it. If he rides the DS and I run the Raptor he just runs away from me.

Old 12-11-2003, 02:02 AM
Pro Rider

That Raptor runs pretty good. I outweigh my son by about 50 pounds so if I don't get a good start off the line then I can't run him down on it. If he rides the DS and I run the Raptor he just runs away from me.
Yeah, I though pretty hard about getting a Raptor too. I really wanted reverse. i do a lot of tril riding and I can't count how many time I have used it. I have only seen one DS and it was still on the trailer when I was going home.

Old 12-11-2003, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

zmann, yeah the DS isn't much of a trail machine. It has its good points but one bike doesn't do it all. That's why I have 3.

Old 12-11-2003, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

zmann, yeah the DS isn't much of a trail machine. It has its good points but one bike doesn't do it all. That's why I have 3.
isn't much of a trail machine eh? really, considering thats all i do and i love it, a lil wide but nothin where i can't get through

Old 12-11-2003, 10:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

TO EACH HIS OWN, I HAVE SEVERAL BUT THE DS IS MY FAVORITE FOR TRAILS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] BUT HEY I ALSO LIKE TO GO OVER THE BARS, RIGHT WTEC[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-11-2003, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

Okay, okay, okay.....I knew that would draw some fire! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

What if I just say that I prefer one of my other bikes!!!! I'm old! I'm not a daredevil!!!!

Old 12-12-2003, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, me too. I have the traxter when I want to hit the mud.

Old 12-12-2003, 12:59 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I HAVE BITTEN A TREE FROM THE OL WIDE DS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 12-12-2003, 08:22 AM
Pro Rider

Careful Sandbomber....they'll be on you like a pack of wild dogs if you dis the DS.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

zmann...how does that traxter work for you? Is an IRS or straight axle?

Quick Reply: Are Gecko Sand Tires any good for the DS?