CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

I got a bigger hammer...

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003 | 11:38 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default I got a bigger hammer...

Talk about taking the long road home! I think I'm almost on the doorstep...My changes include MRHP designed highcompression lightweight piston, Web 109s, MRHP lectron 46HV (setup for alcohol or gas) with a Motion Pro twist, and MRHP ported intake. I was fortunate enough to be included in the complete tear down and build up...which included full assembly hand rotating the engine and tear down to check valve to piston clearances. On the dyno the other day with my TM45, pami stage 1 race cams, RWR 11.5:1, 93 octane I made 54.4 hp w/ 44.6 torque with mild porting, 40mm intake SS, 32 mm exhaust SS, RWR valve springs, RWR CDI.

Unfortunately when I dyno'd the other day I didn't get a barometric reading and the weather has changed considerably since then...but, tomorrow is the big day and I am confident that I will witness a mentionable gain over Tuesdays run. We'll be first running KOCH 110 race fuel and then alcohol for an interesting comparison. Today when we fired her up...immediate ignition!...she was running so smooth I couldn't believe it...instant gratification!

My 11.5:1 piston and rings which have been in since April were in great shape when pulled out...no signs of detonation or abuse...and I'd ran primarily 93 octane. Valves looked good other than lots of carbon built up on the exhaust. Everything cleaned up real nice with no suprises and all went back together smooth.

I'm soooo stoked I couldn't help but share the news! I'll be posting results within the next couple days...

Jiminok

Old 12-19-2003 | 01:22 AM
Pro Rider

that's great, from all i've heard about mrhp, it seems he is one hell of a mechanic on the ds (as well as other applications) man, i wish i had that kind of skill

Old 12-19-2003 | 02:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I got my ported intakes back from MrHP on Wednesday - when I got home I got the bug in my system and ended up staying up till 1am re-assembling both ATVs installing the intakes as well as other minor projects. I also got one of the billet end caps which is a work of art in itself. I fired up the ATVs this evening and while my Baja is notably louder than with the stock end cap, it isn't as loud as I thought it would be for such a wide open exhaust. (I cringe to think how loud my Kawasaki Mojave was with the White Brothers Megaphone exhaust with no Discs installed was!) Next trip to Wal-Mart I'm going to look for a metal kitchen strainer that measures about 90mm or so to use as a spark arrester. I haven't been able to ride & test out the new mods however I think it's gonna kill me waiting until the next riding trip!

Looking at the porting that was done I was very impressed by the attention to detail especially by what was and was not removed. With any luck I'll be out at Dumont somewhere near New Years, though that is starting to sound like it may not happen either.

Old 12-19-2003 | 10:01 AM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-19-2003 | 10:58 AM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-19-2003 | 12:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Jim,

Bring that Bad boy to LS the weekend after X-mas. And I'll give you a rematch[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I havent changed anything in a long while, so it should be a good real life comparison for you. Good to hear that your Stage3 is now gonna run at its true potential, it should be a runner!

man you need to start puting stickers of every state you and your DS have been to!!

Bigger

Old 12-19-2003 | 08:06 PM
Pro Rider

I still want to ride it over new year's. I think I can easy break 100' with that kind of power on tap[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

Justin

Old 12-20-2003 | 01:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

BajaIowa,

Are YOU going to be all healed up by then? I thought you were pretty banged up from your incident!

Old 12-20-2003 | 10:36 AM
Pro Rider

I can almost walk straight and bend over now. The best part is that I can sit down, so I think it is time to jump again. Honestly though, I am back to almost 100%. The first two weeks were bad, but everything is ok now. By new years's, i should be doing good enough to wreck again[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. I have to go down there because no one got any pictures, so I have to prove to my friends that this fat guy can fly.

Justin

Old 12-20-2003 | 10:50 AM
|
Pro Rider

Okay while you were waiting...we were playing on the dyno![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Remember fellas this is during break in and with a STOCK PIPE and my mufflershop endcap...drum roll please!

59.8HP...49.00 FTLBS TORQUE.
This was with items mentioned above on stock bore and KOCH 110 race fuel...time ran out so the alcohol tuning didn't get to happen but I was satisfied with the outcome and am looking forward to my next trip to the LS dunes! I'm pretty certain that after the rings finish seating I'll be over 60hp...I also had my axel preload nut a little tight which will be loosened up first chance...

CAN YOU BELEVE IT? I couldn't either even MrHP was a bit stunned...he had told me not to expect much more hp than what I had on tuesday but more torque for sure. The thing is that the power curve is so smooth it almost feels like stock bike power--just a bunch more of it.

LOL...state stickers...BIB, yer too funny! How about weekend after new years? Were leaving for NC Thur morning to go see Papa Charles (my dad) and Nanna Frannie and Mama Kat. Megan would be mad at me if I changed plans now...she plans on getting spoiled next weekend!!!

Anyway, many many thanks go out to the Kentucky Bad Boys--MrHP and everyone at Richard's! Thank you guys for inviting me in and putting up with me and most of all for the BIGGER HAMMER!!!!

Jiminok

P.S.--Justin...LOL! If the weather holds for new years weekend and your healed up...see you there!
Chris---what'dya think about your upgrades?

Quick Reply: I got a bigger hammer...