CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Lectron 46hv...just the facts

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lectron 46hv...just the facts

Hey man whats up, the lectron 46hv is one hell of a carb. You can get it a www.mrhorsepower.net. He sells them for about $550. It is well worth it because he tunes them to exact specifications and when u get it all you have to do is bolt it on and go. That is a hell of a price though for what he does to it. The carb is machined to perfection.

Old 01-26-2004, 12:57 AM
Canadian and Proud of it !!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought the same thing about the price when I started shopping for carbs. I will never look back now, I love my lectron carb. I swear the bike is so responsive it revs like a 2 stroke now.

You can't go wrong buying one from Mr. Horsepower (Eric).
Great service and a super nice guy to deal with.

Old 01-26-2004, 01:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm the guy who said the carburetor will give you bike lengths - just ask MRDS650 how well his works. He wont be able to tell you how far ahead of me he was, he wasn't looking back - but I did see him way ahead of me and pulling away with ease! I also believe if his bike was setup for hillshooting, he would have had a lot more distance on me, without changing his power output.

The REAL fact is that after I rode his bike with the 46HV, (and watch him clown me up the hill - from behind!) I'm working on getting one, it is a SERIOUS HP maker. It impressed me quite a bit and I'm pretty tight with my money - however when I spend my money I want the best (I don't ever want to 'try something out' I want to buy the best the first time and never have to replace it) and I'm quite sure the 46HV is it! Is there anyone who owns one within driving distance, perhaps you could try their ATV, that should erase ANY doubt in your mind!

Old 01-26-2004, 02:11 AM
Pro Rider

The facts are in and I am sold. Boyz thanx alot! Blackhawk I am like you, I want to make sure it is real and reliable before I blow dust off the old wallet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-26-2004, 02:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Cammer,

You and I are the type who sit back & watch our slow quads never break down too. While some other guys spend the bucks trying stuff out. Once they've figured out what is the best, we go in and buy only the good stuff. I guess if I had lots of extra cash on hand, I wouldn't mind testing everything out though. Until then, I'll watch for a loooong time. (Funny thing - I've been watching people talk about the TM45 since I bought my first DS back in 2001 - I still haven't bought a TM45; I guess I was never sold on it!)

Old 01-26-2004, 04:03 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

BlackHawk, not to dissuade you in any way from purchasing a Lectron carburetor but I fear you may have something amiss with your quad. The only time I have seen DS's with a the vast distances you are talking about is when one bike i.e. the slower is running v or angled paddles. The mikuni 45, the edelbrock or the lectron in any form should be better than the stock carb but even 10hp shouldn't provide the difference you are talking about. The basics, gears and paddles are where the big gains are made. After those everything is incremental or very pricey.

Old 01-26-2004, 06:45 AM
Pro Rider

it is sure nice to read these kind of coments knowing that my lectron is on its way. I hope I get it before feb. 14. I sure would hate to have to ride my sons lt80 at winchester.

Old 01-26-2004, 09:07 AM
Pro Rider

Go with what everyone is saying...The mrhp Lectron is the real deal.
I had always heard dont get a lectron they dont make any torque, they lied !
I had also heard they were likee a light switch all or nothing..They lied too !
This carb is way better than the fcr on my 400ex, I know its aples to oranges, but still its way better.

1 vote for the mrhp 46hv

Justin

Old 01-26-2004, 12:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

is there a picture of the carb?

is the bore tapered? round?

what is the ID at the outlet?

what is the ID at the throttle?

what is the ID at the inlet?

i saw a pic of the ported manifold. it has massive porting. in my opinion, the stock manifold is a big restriction itself. the ported manifold is part of the reason for the gains. i assume the ported manifold comes with the carb for that price?

Old 01-26-2004, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider

nope
Ported intake is 150 additional.

Quick Reply: Lectron 46hv...just the facts