CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

which cdi is best for me?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 08:27 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which cdi is best for me?

i havent modded anything on my 03 baja. what is the cheapest cdi? what is the best bang for your buck cdi?

Old 02-09-2004, 09:22 PM
Trailblazer

I have a Ron Wood cdi and I like it a lot it was money well spent. But I think that the big gun is the cheapest and I did hear good things about them. But I think It still has a limiter at 8500 rpm where the woods has no limeter (personal pefrences) if you want a limiter or not. But if you want to bulid a monster a 8500 limit may not be the way to go.

Old 02-09-2004, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with MrBigIron...any why not I run a woods CDI[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Not having a limiter is risky. If it's a risk your willing to take you will like the no limiter CDI. You obviously have hit your limiter many times or wouldn't be asking. It is a madening experience thats for sure.

Old 02-09-2004, 11:54 PM
Range Rover

sorry about the short post, i was running out of time, anyhow, i have a bone stock ds 650 baja and i bounce constantly off the rev limiter, so i am looking to upgrade. about how much do these run? i am risky but i dont think i am risky enough to run with no limiter...8500 rpms is probably enough for me, but jus in case, what is the price on each? also, after i upgrade the cdi box, i plan on puttend one of mr. HP's end caps on it also, after that, what would be another good mod for my bike, thanx for all the help....chad

Old 02-10-2004, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider

I think that Marky over at On Dunes web site sells a few diff rev limiters including the ones descused here. Give his site a look see for prices. He also sells what I would go with for your next mod. A carb with ported intake.

Old 02-10-2004, 09:22 AM
Trailblazer

For a newbie to this fourm. What is a cdi-- please?

Old 02-10-2004, 11:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

taller gearing will help keep off limiter.

Old 02-10-2004, 12:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I agree with Scooby. Instead of spending your money on a CDI. I would invest in a 17 tooth front sprocket,and/or 22" rear tires. If you are bumping off the rev-limiter then you are not shifting the DS right. IMO

biggerisbetter

Old 02-10-2004, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: biggerisbetter
I agree with Scooby. Instead of spending your money on a CDI. I would invest in a 17 tooth front sprocket,and/or 22" rear tires. If you are bumping off the rev-limiter then you are not shifting the DS right. IMO

biggerisbetter

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2004, 04:30 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: natron1
For a newbie to this fourm. What is a cdi-- please?
A cdi is a peice of eletronics that controls your timing advance, Witch is basicaly when the spark plugs spark in relation to the mechanical parts of the motor. A cdi also controls how high your quad will rev ( on the stock cdi any way) This can be elimated or just raised with diffrent cdi boxes.