CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Runs like a champ!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Runs like a champ!!!

Got my bike back together today and took it to the dunes. It was a monster. There was a pretty souped up shee and a predator out there and i put about a bike length on the shee and about 4 bike lengths on the predator. Glad it is running well. I posted some pics of the finished product, take a look and see on my pic page. Thanks for all the help from everyone. Lance

Old 03-10-2004, 05:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like it's running good, you'll probably put it on my salvage yard motor that I'm running for right now with just a 10.5 piston and a midrange drop in cam, DONKEY MOTOR UNDER CONSTRUCTION !!!
See ya at Kermit.

Old 03-10-2004, 11:23 AM
Elite Pro Rider

fun isn't it? but will you be able to stop there?

Old 03-10-2004, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider

That's sweet looking with the shaved fenders!! So how did your home-porting job come out? I have a dremel and an air grinder (bigger and better than a dremel[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]) and ported my own Zilla cylinder, and when I get my Bomb (soon!!) I have played with the thought of doing the intake on that, too...So is it mostly top end power, or does it have good lowend velocity, too? All I plan on at first is a cam swap, airbox/filter mod, and a pipe....Do you think I would notice anything with a homemade P&P? Sorry to "Bomb"ard you with so many numb ?'s, but it isn't often you run across (or over!) someone that can port something themselves and have it turn out all right......Thanks!

Old 03-10-2004, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider

Hey guyz. The porting came out very well. I was really suprised that it works like it does. I think i see the most power of the bike at about mid range. 1st 2nd 3rd it is a wheelie doing dude lol. I raced my uncle on his 96 polaris 400 scrambler today and i think he just left the finish line when i got to the end of the drag strip at the local dunes. I was making fun of him lmao. Well talk to yall later or see yall at kermit. Lance

Old 03-11-2004, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: fasternu
That's sweet looking with the shaved fenders!! So how did your home-porting job come out? I have a dremel and an air grinder (bigger and better than a dremel[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]) and ported my own Zilla cylinder, and when I get my Bomb (soon!!) I have played with the thought of doing the intake on that, too...So is it mostly top end power, or does it have good lowend velocity, too? All I plan on at first is a cam swap, airbox/filter mod, and a pipe....Do you think I would notice anything with a homemade P&P? Sorry to "Bomb"ard you with so many numb ?'s, but it isn't often you run across (or over!) someone that can port something themselves and have it turn out all right......Thanks!
If u port ur intake on the bomb dont polish it, leave it rough in texture. When u pull the intake manifold off u will see that it has a rough texture. The reason is because when the air and fuel mixture leave the carb and go into the intake, the intake has to cause a turbulance so that ur gas will not fall out of the air and leave the quad spiting and sputtering. U can ask anyone about this that has a ported intake and they will tell u the same thing. Just an idea before u do polish it and find out it isnt working [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. Lance