CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

went to fill the nos bottle

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 10:34 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default went to fill the nos bottle

planning a trip for this weekend, and needed to get the bottle topped off, i made 15-20 runs and let a couple others make a run or two. it took a half pound. this was on a 15 hp shot but it was still nice to know you could get that many runs. it cost like two bucks to fill. well i had always thought it was expensive to run nos this was a pleasant suprise[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-30-2004, 11:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

The expensive part is when you get used to the 15shot, And that little devil on your shoulder says" IT can take a 50 shot! I know it can, DO IT,DOIT!!" and then BOOM!!!!!!

Then what is really sad is afterwards you say" IT WAS WORTH IT!" I wanna to do it agian!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Bigger.

Old 03-30-2004, 11:42 AM
Elite Pro Rider

well i only have jets up to 25 at this point and i think i can stop there, maybe if i throw away all the numbers to get more i could stop[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] so far it is pretty fun.

Old 03-30-2004, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider

I have got the jets up to 50! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] But I don't plan on putting anything bigger than a 20 in until I build the motor to handle it. Well, maybe a 30...

Old 03-30-2004, 12:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sandman:

How long is your drag?

I thought Jeff only got about 4 or 5 runs on a 5 lb. bottle??

Do you have a bottle heater too?

Old 03-30-2004, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider

I only get 4 to 5 good runs on a 2.5 lb bottle...
But my runs are long,maybe about a 18 seconds each at about a 30+ hp shot.
When I change a bottle there is some left,but when its low it stumbles thru the whoops,I assume the nitrous is sloshing back and forth and not getting a full shot

J

Old 03-30-2004, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

hey bill, i gotta check that bad boy out now that you have the nos on it. i took carey and the kids over to florence on saturday with my stock tires. they loved it but it's almost impossible to do wheelies in the sand with them. took my extremes down to the station and filled them up. guess they just lost the bead cuz they're holding air great. man, i haven't been riding in so long, i forgot how fun it is.

Old 03-30-2004, 02:22 PM
Elite Pro Rider

about a 1/4 of the run that you guys make, that hill is a monster. so it sounds like i should get about 30-40 runs right now. no i don't have the heater yet, i mounted it next to the exhaust pipe but i think i'll look into the heater. i'll need to redo a few things, or just shorten some wires. but the install went pretty nice it hides pretty well, if i cover the bottle it will be hard to notice, unless they can see the end of the fuel pump and know what it is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] the best thing was running the banshee engine to engine and that look of him beating me out at the top, then to be able to hit the switch, and pound them bad that falls into one of those priceless moments[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-30-2004, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

Sandman- what are you paying /lb for your gas? it's about $4.50-5.00 / lb here , when I was runnning nitrous I was paying $40 to fill up my two 5 lb bottles and it was easy to burn thru that in an afternoon. I didn't hink that was too cheap- but definately worth it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] try the 25hp jets- it's a whole new world!

Old 03-30-2004, 07:12 PM
Range Rover
when your holding the football - people will throw evrything they can at you to strip it away .... including the waterboy at the end of the bench.

Then what is really sad is afterwards you say" IT WAS WORTH IT!" I wanna to do it agian!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] LOL !!!

Quick Reply: went to fill the nos bottle