CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Alchy questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alchy questions

Well as most of you know I am getting a new(to me) DS. This DS is Alchy capable. So when buying Alchohol, what is it I should be buying for sure? Is Methanol the same thing? It seams all i can find available here in the boonies is Methanol. Will this work. Are metal cans required for this or can you use a good ol plastic type gas can? If I remember correctly, at the end of the day of riding, you have to drain the tank and purge all lines with gas. Am I remembering correctly? This is my first rodeo with Alch so I want to make sure I am doing it right. Thanks in advance!!

Old 04-20-2004, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider
Default Alchy questions

Methanol racing fuel is what I buy, there are different grades of alcohol. And I purge out my lined with gas too.

Old 04-20-2004, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider
Default Alchy questions

Does anyone know exactly what Stacy was running in his quad? Methanol or Alchohol?

Old 04-20-2004, 08:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Alchy questions

Methanol is a (for lack of better words) smaller part of alky. For instance; Crown Royal is to wiskey as methanol is to alky. Methanol is just fine.
I buy my methanol with top end lube already mixed in, it makes for less hassle, but cost a little more.
Plstic cans work, just get a dark color if possible, keep it off the ground (especially concrete), and keep it sealed up real well (it atracts water like iron to a magnet).
Everybody says purge...its probably best, but there have been many times I have just run mine untill the engine dies and then drained the rest of the carb. And its not an everyday thing, if your riding the next day I think you should be ok.

Old 04-20-2004, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Alchy questions

Originally posted by: Ward660R
Methanol is a (for lack of better words) smaller part of alky. For instance; Crown Royal is to wiskey as methanol is to alky. Methanol is just fine. I buy my methanol with top end lube already mixed in, it makes for less hassle, but cost a little more.Plstic cans work, just get a dark color if possible, keep it off the ground (especially concrete), and keep it sealed up real well (it atracts water like iron to a magnet).Everybody says purge...its probably best, but there have been many times I have just run mine untill the engine dies and then drained the rest of the carb. And its not an everyday thing, if your riding the next day I think you should be ok.
How much are u paying a gallon for alky? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Lance

Old 04-20-2004, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default Alchy questions

I pay $2 per gallon.

Old 04-20-2004, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default Alchy questions

I pay $2 per gallon. But don't think that's a whole lot cheaper than race gas, because it burns more than twice as much!!!!

And worth every penny[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-20-2004, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default Alchy questions

When shooting the juice, the quad is set up to run gas, when duning he runs the Meth. The gas responds better to NOS than the alchy does.

Old 04-21-2004, 07:40 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Alchy questions

How much are u paying a gallon for alky? Lance
I pay about 2.65 a gallon with lube mixed in already. I could get it alot cheaper through a chemical supply company, but I would have to buy it by the drum and I don't have a good place to store that much.

Old 04-21-2004, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Alchy questions

Originally posted by: BartlettRacing
pm some time and I can help you get your mixtures right [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].......
What top end lube would u use and what is the correct mixture? PM me and let me know. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Lance

Quick Reply: Alchy questions