CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

BlackHawk's Lectron 46HV Review

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004 | 10:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default BlackHawk's Lectron 46HV Review

i have to agree with hightower. my tm45 throttle tension was less than stock. the only reason i am trying the lectron46 is i want to compare the torque between the carbs. i am waiting for dyno time on saturday to get them both dialed in. then i can ride and switch carbs to see what i like better. i did ride around the back of the shop with the lectron and did notice the sticking slide. but i also did no adjustment to try and get rid of it. again i am waiting for my dyno time befor i start making to many adjust ment. right out of the box i do notice more power with the lectron. but i also added cams, porting and hmf with the lectron.

Old 05-06-2004 | 11:30 PM
|
Extreme Pro Rider

Just to toss another log onto the Glamis sized fire about the slide sticking issue: Mine stuck pretty good when I first installed the carburetor but after using it & adjusting it a little this last weekend it's become much better, not gone but better. (Keep in mind, I like to ride not tinker - I tinker ALL DAY every day that I'm working on PCs so when I go out to ride that is ALL I want to do!) There are other people who say they don't notice it at all, and I know Sandaholic's machine didn't have any of the sticking that I noticed. (I didn't ride his quad, but as he said himself it's not there except on deceleration.) So my thought is that yes it's a real issue, yes it does suck when it's there, but I also think it is a reality that it can be mostly, if not 95 - 100% cured.

I think some people do talk alot of sunshine about this carburetor & they should if they are happy. The reason you guys are getting out the hip boots etc is because there are a good number of people talking about it.

If you want to hear me brag, just wait until I build my next PC - it's going to be fast enough it'll eat all of your PCs for breakfast then go out and look for some servers to much on as lunch. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-06-2004 | 11:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I run 87 octane with my lectron. I havent run into any problems with this. But I have only had the carb. for two months. I have about 20+ hours on the carb.

As for performance gains. I'm seeing a 3-4 bike lengths in the dunes. I will dyno next month at Aledo and I will post the results. I will also post dyno sheets.

Old 05-06-2004 | 11:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

I know im probably going to get my cyber AZZ kicked but your on i just got a new HP Pavillion zci 7000 note book with a verizon air card this thing is fast and portable !!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-06-2004 | 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

Saint???
What do yo think of those ASR upper arms??? ok? or just get the Alum 04 from Bombardier?

Old 05-06-2004 | 11:48 PM
|
Extreme Pro Rider

AZ,

hp is the brand of notebook/pc I recommend my clients buy, actually. Since starting my own business I've had nothing but perfection in all of my dealings with hp, the other two major companies, well, lets just say they didn't bother to get it right.

I'm actually considering buying one of hp's business class notebooks - the nc4000 or nc6000 two of their lightweight (3.5 or 5.0 lbs) units that'll allow me to be that much more atached to a computer at all times. The next step is that I'll get a hard drive installed in my head kinda like Johnny Mnemonic. (I already carry a pocket pc with me wherever I go – EXCEPT THE DUNES! I’ve got to have one place in life where I can get away from PCs & electronics!)

Old 05-07-2004 | 02:01 AM
Pro Rider

AZSAND, It would be great if you could do a write up on the KMS EFI setup. It would be great to see pictures, especially of the electronics. What kind of sensors does it use? MAF? O2 sensor? I bet the throttle pull is effortless. How do you load new maps? I know on the Harleys that have the DynoJet programmer you can attach your Palm Pilot and change maps.

Old 05-07-2004 | 07:00 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ERBEDS650
Saint???
What do yo think of those ASR upper arms??? ok? or just get the Alum 04 from Bombardier?
they asr arms are nice. i guess they had some design proplems early on like the arms hitting the shocks but these are fine. the change in the handeling is incredible better. if you get them just make sure to loc-tite the jam nuts. if you dont they back off in like 5 minutes,

Old 05-07-2004 | 09:24 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Sandaholic there are pic's of my injection system in hightowers pic page im not that good with the posting pic's thing.And belive me i bursting about the fuel injection thing !! so far so Good!! im not so fast to post about a probuct any more until i have given it a through going over!!!! I got way to excited about the mbrp and let everyone know way to quick and i have never felt so bad in my life i won't let that happen again.But were testing the heck out of it and now BigDaddyaz has it on his bike so were progressing just fine!!!!!And yes to all your questions including the palm pilot!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-07-2004 | 01:42 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks AZSAND, Just keep us updated! If the price comes down on the EFI to about $800 like a few previous post were discussing (something about getting the parts made locally), I think you will see allot of 46hv and tm45 on eBay!