CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Jetting specs

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetting specs

Ok, I have a few concerns about my jetting. I just found out my elevation, so maybe someone can help me out.

I have the trinity full system on, airbox lid off, and K&N. My elevation is 2170 ft.

What should I be running for jets? Stock carb of course. Right now I am running a 190 main, stock pilot, and not too sure about needle position (where is that thing anyways? can I get at it through the bowl?) But ya, I'm sure I'm not jetted properly, and if anyone can give me any hints or tips how to achieve proper jetting it would be greatly appreciated. And the temp here is between 10-25*C, If that helps at all

Thanks guys

Old 05-15-2004, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default Jetting specs

Ya I did that mod as soon as I got it. Where can I find my needle? And trinity recommended running with the lid off. If I jet down and put the lid back on, will I lose some of the performance? whats your ele and how are you running your setup?

Old 05-15-2004, 09:20 PM
Trailblazer
Default Jetting specs

I also run the Trinity pipe, believe me when I say that this pipe has been the hardest thing I've ever had to re-jet for. My elevation is around the 5000ft mark, so there will be some difference, but not that much. I run the 165 main, stock pilot, K&N in box with lid on, needle in the 4th groove from the top. I have also cut 3 coils off the spring. You can get to the needle by removing the top off the carb, 2 screws.

Old 05-15-2004, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default Jetting specs

when you pull the top of the carb off as chillicon says. there is a white plastic cap in the middle. you can work it out with needle nose. it is not threaded. it snaps in to a notch. it has a oring around the bottom. watch for the little spring under the cap. it is easily lost when the cap pops out. there should be a spacer,e-clip,thick white spacer then another thinspacer on bottom.

bartlet was typing when I was.

Old 05-16-2004, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default Jetting specs

Ok I will jump all over that probibly tomorrow sometime. Also, one other question. In the meantime before I get a new tensioner, the one I have now keeps sticking, and from taking it in and out so often, I warped and eventually threw out the little aluminum washer that goes on the bolt. How imoprtant is that thing? lol. And I did check the valves and whatnot, and they are within spec, but it just seems like the quad is running rough and ticking more than it should. With my pipe and whatnot, I have nothing to compare it to to see whats normal or not. But it seems outta whack to me.

Oh and a little sidenote, had the GPS out today and my max speed was 78.5 MPH. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Thanks and I'll get back to u guys tomorrow

Old 05-17-2004, 12:46 AM
Pro Rider
Default Jetting specs

the washer is a seal. it will leak oil without it.

Old 05-17-2004, 03:05 AM
Pro Rider
Default Jetting specs

Ya I figured that it's the same as on the oil drain plug. Better grab one I guess

Old 05-17-2004, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default Jetting specs

Ok, I have the air/fuel mixture set (I think) It kinda stumbled a few times, but then quickly recovered while setting it in. So I continued to screw it in until it almost stumbled constantly. The needle is set 2nd position from the bottom, and I must say the quad runs a lot better now. It starts much easier, and doesn't have the lag when you gun it from idle anymore. I haven't taken it out fully yet to test it, but I will tonight then get back to you. I will try putting the airbox lid back on and see what happens, although I can almost bet it will be running rich, requiring me to come down a few main sizes. If anyone has any other input for me jetting my stock carb i'd be glad to listen. Elevation I think I said was about 2200 ft.

Old 05-23-2004, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default Jetting specs

Bump..... for you bartlett