CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Oregon riders

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 02:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oregon riders

Originally posted by: wshrdskin
Originally posted by: 01ds650

It's not a vacation. It's just me. I'm in a funk.
Personaly, I believe from some of your posts in this thread, you are useing the wrong people for a sounding board. The person you need to be expressing these things to, aparantly doesn't read this board or you'd be in a bit O trouble I'd think. I believe you'll have a little more success in figureing out what to do by talking to her. jmo. Hope it all works out.
I'd have to agree with wshrdskin. OregonDunePatrol made another good point when he said to give it all you've got for your family. Don't treat divorice lightly, (and I don't know if you were considering it or not) and try to work things out. Us guys like adventure and trying out new things, and women want to be secure. And being secure is not in of itself a bad thing. You realize you really aren't getting anywhere in life right now and want to seek something better. We may all have great ideas, but you need to talk to your wife about this. She's your wife, you married her for a reason, and so you need to sit down and have a serious talk (if you haven't already.) Take her out to a nice dinner, talk about it, answer all her questions if possible, invite her to give her opinion, etc. Maybe spend two weeks and take her on a road trip to different places to see where would be a good place to live? I'd definately recommend the West Coast, something like Idaho, Oregon, or Washington. Washington seems too yucky in the winter (clouds and rain all the time from what I've heard from family up there.) Portland is a nice clean city, I like it a lot. Go anywhere in Oregon and you'll probably like it.

I'm not sure what you do right now (this is a long thread, so maybe I forgot while reading it) but since you were looking, I'd recommend getting something in the medical field. Ever thought about becoming a nurse? Male nurses (RNs) are in a huge demand right now, and with a RN degree (takes two years... Walla Walla College @ their Portland campus, or Loma Linda University are good. LLU is known worldwide for being the best) you will almost be guarenteed a job anywhere. I'd highly recommend it. If you aren't sure, just check it out, ride along with a nurse for a day, and try to pick a good friendly one. There are nice guys and PITAs. It's not all about changing bedpans or giving shots either. There are tons of nursing fields. Anyways, something to think about.

There, that's my counsel for the night. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Good luck man.

Old 07-11-2004, 12:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oregon riders

thanks for the advice.