CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Pami VS 535 K&T Alky Banshee

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 03:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pami VS 535 K&T Alky Banshee

The two runs were the first and last runs that day. As you can tell, I had a serious problem but we were able to find it. Also different pipes and timing curves came into play.

Old 09-24-2004, 09:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

banshee sounded like crap. He mis-shifted then it fell on its face, then it sputtered on the top end. Clearly not a race to judge the bikes performance.

Forcefed..you forgot to mention the NO2 bottle...

Old 09-25-2004, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

He didn't have to mention the nitrous, I already knew. I might have to try the spray myself.

Old 09-25-2004, 10:19 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

Originally posted by: DaBeechMan
banshee sounded like crap. He mis-shifted then it fell on its face, then it sputtered on the top end. Clearly not a race to judge the bikes performance..
I guess I was just luck this day, hu?

I mean since he had an over-ride, alky burning, drag only 535 K&T 2- stroke.

I did win more than just this one race. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

OH , and 2-strokes with NOS is kind of like riding a handgernade. LOL

Old 09-25-2004, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

Jeff, you know it wasn't luck, your bikes are extremely fast. I don't want to offend you, but everyone knows that a good running 535 T-Rex / Cheetah should beat the DS's. As far as the all drag comment, that doesn't mean a thing. If it isn't tuned and running right, it doesn't matter what it is setup to do. You know how mine ran when it was sick.

You keep bringing up this "drag only" stuff, and he and I do have "drag only" Banshees due to the override tranny. I don't know if that matters or not, because in my opinion, nitrous isn't exactly for trail riding. LOL.

All I ever hear is all this boasting about K&T, whoopdi doo. Sure they build some really fast stuff, but just because it says K&T on the side of the cylinders doesn't mean it is gonna fly. Tuning and setup makes all the difference.

I know everyone on here dogs Trinity, but I'll tell you one thing, I sure got the attention of several of those draggers at Bonne Terre. A guy that I know has an awesome drag Banshee. Lonestar drag frame, 520 T-Rex by K&T, FTZ alky carbs, FTZ drag pipes and the two times he told me at Bonne Terre that he ran was 3.96 and 4.05 sec. That is faster than me, but I ran my 4.19 that same night on race gas and stock frame, so as far as I'm concerned my Banshee engine is just as strong as his K&T.

Look in my gallery for the timeslip where I ran a quicker ET than the GT Performance drag framed Dan Hull 535 Cheetah with 38 or 39 PWKs on alky. Later in the night, he ran a 4.20 right before I ran my 4.19 with my little 35 PWKs. All that I'm trying to say is that just because it is a K&T or A&S motor, doesn't mean that the owner / rider is going to well represent its capabilities.

When the beechman said that about it not being a fair judgement for the engine, I agree. Gene may have said that bike would run 4.3s, but I am seriously doubting that it would with the way the video showed. And I'm quite certain that it isn't running up to the normal level of a K&T 535. With some carb tuning and gear changes, he'll probably have that thing flying. Come to Bonne Terre some night if you want to see the fastest atvs in the area. They have new owners and things seemed to be a little more "family friendly."

And as far as the nitrous & 2 stroke combo, I know a guy in MS with the same engine as me that has been running it with much success. Well, that is if you consider a 5.64 @ 108 mph in the 1/8th successful. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Hope to see you soon,

Daren

P.S. Bonne Terre is having their annual Nationals next month. Lets get everyone to go!! If a few guys commit to going, I will take off work (even if I have to be sick [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) and we can race heads up during time trials. It isn't cheap to race, but you won't have to pay the annual MSRO membership. Probably around $30 to race, and I am sure it will be a big show with many impressive race machines.

or

Anyone up for some 1/8th mile asphalt racing?? Benton MO and Wentzville MO are both running ATVs. I'll be game for this after another week or two.

Old 09-26-2004, 05:07 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

yup, in that current race i doubt that bike was any better then a 4.8 in the 100.

You can build a 130 horse drag motor, but if you dont shift it and you dont tune it, its only a 60 horse motor at best. Pay particular attention to the way the motor sounds. If a two stroke sounds health its way off base on tuning. You'd be amazed at how well a motor will "sound" even when its real lean or real rich, especially on alcohol. It takes some real poor tuning to make a bike actually sound like hell.

Old 09-26-2004, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

You all are right!!! I can't run with any of the big 2-strokes.

I also can't help when I pull up to race someone if their bike isn't tuned to run either. Is this my fault???

Now your telling me a cut trans and drag pipes are trail friendly? Come on, you know better. If so your trails must have been made by a D-6 dozer. Nos came be trail rode , I even jump with it. You know my bikes can be more than just drag only, but it is all in what you want.

As far as racing at Bonne Terre I just don't care about bracket racing. I will stick to going to these heads up open class 4-stroke races and a few of the area races. I guess St Joes park I will use for test and turn.

Old 09-26-2004, 11:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

DaBeechMan, What about this one: DS760 vs. 505T-Rex

The banshee sounds right on to me. Granted the banshee is ahead, but the Bom has a lot more weight to carry and he isn't that far behind.

Old 09-26-2004, 12:59 PM
Trailblazer

OK I love my 4 stroke hillshooter but I know that I cant compare to 2 strokes, Why dont you guys just worry about fast 4 strokes. I know there arent alot of fast 4 strokes yet but it is turning around

Old 09-26-2004, 04:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I read my post that i put up on here last night and some of it didnt make sense. Maybe because it was late or something? But what i meant is if a 2-stroke is popping and spitting you can be sure the jetting is extremely far off.

I dont know what your trying to prove "thebom" but yes, its not your fault that the guy had a crappy running bike that day. It is however your fault for posting the video and bragging about the win. Obviously you knew the guys bike was running like crap, but that didnt stop you from posting it did it.

Scooby, ill watch the video in a second.

Quick Reply: Pami VS 535 K&T Alky Banshee