CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Lectron "HV" identification?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lectron "HV" identification?

Hey guys Question?, how can you tell the differance between the standard Lectron and the HV?
The reason I ask is I just recently bought one and am wondering if it is going on my DS(if hv)or a friends Harley(if not).There was a tag attached to the carb which says th following:

Its a 48mm power jet
optional parts- pinned floats and idle bleed jet
metering rod 4-1
power jet#20

Now I am holding the carb in my hands now is any distinguishing external parts or mark to look for?
You guys always pull threw for me and are always a great help so THANKS in advance.I really hope this will work on my ds I have a score to settle with a cocky raptor owner! THANKS AGAIN!

Old 09-27-2004, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider

the front part of the carb should be bigger than the rear opening of the carb, kinda of a tapered effect from where the airfilter mounts to where the carb mounts to the head...the parts sound like you have a HV carb, but i think all Lectrons come with a metering rod and the power jet is optional...

The tapered effect is the best way to look at it, bigger in front and narrower in the rear..

Old 09-27-2004, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

The inlet is tapered and it is larger than the discharge side,

Old 09-27-2004, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

that is a HV carb, the best way to run is with a snorkel tube for your DS to create High volicity into the carb and head for best performance..

Old 09-27-2004, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

You just made my day man! Thanks for the info. This carb is alot bigger than stock will my snorkle work or will I need to modify. Now I know I need to get a new cable and intake boot but I has told that I need a new thumb throttle ? is a new thumb throttle nessesary? if so no big deal I'll buy it.

Old 09-27-2004, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

It's better with the new thumb throttle, it's a Billet moose racing thumb throttle...you can direct your questions to www.hpresearch.net,they have it all and plenty more for the DS..Goodluck..

And also i would upgrade to the 04 DS snorkel because the years previous have a tendacey to collapse under acceleration..

Old 09-27-2004, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks BADRAP mucho, mucho helpfull!

Old 09-28-2004, 02:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Congratulations on the 48! I have the 46 with the Moose Billet throttle - one thing you have to do is cable routing must be perfect. Be sure you know exactly how to route the cable as per Mr. HP (or if anyone has good pics) and it will alleviate a lot of problems. I thought for sure I had a good cable route, I tested it ten ways from Sunday but once I re-routed it as Eric suggested it made a dramatic difference.

Old 09-28-2004, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider

any idea on the stifness of the throttle, with the re-postioning of the cable did that make a diffrence in that part?

It's not too bad but could be batter..

Old 09-28-2004, 06:18 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Blackhawk, I sure hope this thing works. Randall from HPR seems to have his doubts, I know from this forum that he really knows his stuff. He said there is a custom machined insert on there HV carbs at the front of the carb, now all I see is a small button looking insert just below where the 48 is stamped on the left side(if carb were mounted).

Quick Reply: Lectron "HV" identification?