CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS rolled hard, options?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 02:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS rolled hard, options?

The DS rolled about 10-12 times head over heals on Gecko Road well into 5th gear in Glamis this past Halloween weekend 30/10/04. Any one have it on video? The handlebars are tweaked, throttle **** twisted up, clutch & brake are fine, headlight broken & bent down a little to the left, steering stem has 2 crackes at the top where it connects to the mouting weld and bent, gas tank plastic is the only plastic that was hurt because of the seat, shifter lever tweeked down to the floor, front right spindle bent, there was a PRM 6 pac rack on the back that was tweaked down wards and to the left pressing up against the exhaust (that did the most damage), that broke the piece that holds the exhaust that bolts on to the back of the frame through one of the holes of the 6 pac rack/rear grab bar, exhaust a little tweeked to where it connects to the mid pipe, mid pipe pessed up against frame leaving a nice dent in the pipe, pipe a little tweaked out to the left, the seat can't click in because the **** it clicks into is pointing to the handlebars, and rear right Douglas rim bent on Kenda Sand Gecko.
Didn't find any other stress cracks or cracks on the frame, note sure how bent the frame could be except for the back where the 6 pac rack/rear grab bar goes. How would I straighten out the back where the rack is with out ruining the frame any more? How do I check for minor bends because me and 3 other riders didn't see any noticeable bends? Is the pipe, throttle and a arms still good? Would anything else be hurt in the engine, the carburetor was a little twisted to the right or the gears from the shifter lever getting smashed down and rolling so hard in 5th? Will the bike ever be the same again if fixed or fix little and sell?
Thanks in advance for your help and always ride with all your gear.

Old 11-10-2004, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider

I hope you faired better than the DS

Old 11-10-2004, 02:31 PM
Pro Rider

Glad you don't have a bunshee! you could have flipped on 6th!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-10-2004, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider

How did you roll it on gecko road? Where you on the pavement?

It sounds like you subframe and grab bar is bent, hopefully not your frame. They are simple to replace. The gas tank plastic is cheap. Upgrade the headlight to the 04 style if you had the old style, its cheaper. The rest of the parts, if they are bent beyond repair, you are going to have to replace them. I would start checking out ebay.

Old 11-10-2004, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider

Been there! After you fix the damaged parts Make sure you check all the nuts and bolts.
Im still finding loose stuff,and my roll happend in june.

Old 11-10-2004, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I was gonna say, how did YOU fare?? Sounds like a lot of work, good luck!

Old 11-11-2004, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider

Look all over for flaking paint. If its flaked, there's a crack or bend there. If your seat won't latch, then it sounds like the subframe is bent. Start watching ebay, a new subframe at the dealer is $411.00.
I rolled mine down a big hill @ Big Rock in KY a month ago, so I know the feeling. Good Luck.

Old 11-11-2004, 01:52 PM
Range Rover

Bombar818,

Was that you who crashed at the Drags on Saturday?

Old 11-11-2004, 04:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah that could be my budy on the drags on saturday. Kind of a big guy with riding skin shorts and jersey on a red and black DS only with bombardier stickers on the rear fenders. Is that the guy / crash you saw. Do you know if any one has it on video? I put his condition in a new topic under "DS rolls, reply"

Old 11-11-2004, 04:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

So the bike is still good even if a lot of things are bent and have to be replaced?

Quick Reply: DS rolled hard, options?