CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Trinity Racing thoughts and comments

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 04:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trinity Racing thoughts and comments

I was just wondering how the trinity exhaust stacked up against others on the ol ds. I have it on mine, and from what I remember of stock, it feels a lot better, but I was just wanting to know for sure. Which has more power... the trinity or HMF slip-on? I don't like how mine doesn't have the heat shield, so I might invest in the HMF if it's better.
Thanks guys

Old 11-13-2004, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

i also debated this question, but never got any rankings of the pipes. I was thinkin about goin back to stock headers and a HMF slip on, but i like the looks of my Trinity, so unless i see a huge diff in power gain, which i dont think there is (maybe 1-2 HP), im a stick wit mine for a while, maybe change it up down the road.

Old 11-13-2004, 05:06 PM
Range Rover

I sold my Trinity system and went with the HMF. I didn't like the fit or workmanship of the Trinity. But I believe I just got a bad set. Alot of others seem to like the way they look. I really like the HMF looks and fit.
The Trinity seemed to have alot of lowend torque, but I feel the HMF has more. But I don't have any #'s to back that up.
Spark arrestor was another big reason for the swap. Dollars and cents wise, if you already have the Trinity system you are probably going to loose some money in the swap. I did.

Old 11-13-2004, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

If anyone has any numbers to compare with that would be awsome. I'd like to know what the HMF does over stock, and what the Trinity does over stock as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-13-2004, 08:39 PM
Range Rover

Well, from talking to Randall (HpResearch), he says that the best 2 pipes are the BigGun & HMF. The trinity loses way too much torque, compared to a Stock pipe with moded endcap. He actually said, for the stockish type motors, for overall power, you can't beat the Endcap'd stock system. Apparently, the Trinity's headpipe is too big. The Hp gain doesn't make up for the torque loss. If you compare these units to a totally stock DS exhaust, then they do make more power, but thats not really fair, is it? The stock pipe will handle around 65hp, if the engine is capable of that Hp. My endcap made a huge difference, and for what those systems cost, you'd be better off buying the Cam & Spring package from HpResearch. Kinda close to the same price, in the Trinity's case that is. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-13-2004, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

Well thats good to know. However I was also wanting to know especially how the trinity system compares to the HMF slip-on. you can see in my mods what I have done, and soon to come is a TM 45.

Old 11-14-2004, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider

I like the two pipes idea, but pics of them, they look too close together, it don't look right. Trinity also advertised at 10 hp over stock so what does that tell ya. Anyone have the trinity on their own dyno? Whats a second hand trinity setup worth?

Old 11-15-2004, 06:12 PM
Range Rover

I was only able to get 3 bills & shipping for mine.

Old 11-15-2004, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

What kind of shape was it in? and was that on Ebay? I'd consider 3 bills...

Old 11-15-2004, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider

Choosen one,
The trinity pipe may make 10 hp more than stock around 3k-4500 rpms ( but than again what pipe won't)but thats about it! I had one for less than a year , it's a great looking pipe, leaks real good around the mid pipe unless you use sealant and won't give you any more on top than a modified end cap will. JME. oh, it took two months to get it too! I dynoed the bike and was disappointed after believing their claims. I sold it for about 3 bills.

Quick Reply: Trinity Racing thoughts and comments