CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

racing slicks for asphalt

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 11:16 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default racing slicks for asphalt

i need new tires for the drag strip.where is everyone buying their slicks and what brand name is everyone useing?i need a new set and rims to!

Old 11-19-2004, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider

me too!!! want to run the busa in the 1/4 mile this summer. what tire and where.

Old 11-19-2004, 09:18 PM
Range Rover

whats up jeff? i still have put my busa in yet!i have been talking to the guys at the track that runs the turbo busa'a. he has three of them!! he has his own shop and knows alot of tricks with the busa motors and clutches. all im worried about is how the clutch will hold up on the asphalt all the time. if they are running low 8's then a turbo bombusa should put the ds close to high 10 or faster with a weelie bar.if not i guess i could keep my nos system and put it on two!!dang SPEED is such RUSH!!

Old 11-20-2004, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider

my brother-in-law has been pushing me to build another drag car ever sense i sold my malibu (8 sec @160) but the thought of building another car makes my brain hurt. but wait a minute i already have a race ready machine that should run in the 10's or better [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] his chevelle will go low 10's (has over $50K invested) how cool would it be to spank him with my busa quad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] always thought about racing snowmobiles on the black top but i does'nt snow here enough to keep around all year and not use it much, but the busa i can ride almost all year and get alot more out of it. mean650 what is this guys name who hopp's up busa's i would like to talk to him about a turbo.

Old 11-20-2004, 05:37 PM
Range Rover

jeffroe,
i'll talk to him and see if i can give you his #.he doesn't open his place to the public but will help guys with busa's.he is a real cool guy.i didn't get to go thursday i was changing my water pump seal.their was a wrecked 2004 busa on e-bay for $1500 for the whole bike.the bike was a wreck and needed a clutch cover to.my busa motor is a 2001 with new crank and freshened up and cut tranny.he said i need to put an airshifter on the busa.i just benn haveing so much fun on the ds that i have been dragging my feet getting all my stuff together.CHRISTMAS is killing me with 4 kids!!im only 38!!ill get back with you later jeffroe with his # james.

Old 11-20-2004, 08:13 PM
Trailblazer

i suggeat american racing slicks, i tried the Mickey Thompsons and they hooked up well for a small motor, but i don't think they will handle that turbo bombusa.i'd reccommend 20-10-10 . i got mine at www.wickedatv.com and i think jegs and summitt both carry the mt's. or just do a search on jr dragsters.

Old 11-22-2004, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider

did you see the video of there racing shee's on there site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 11-22-2004, 11:31 PM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-23-2004, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

bajabomb where did you get the wheelie bar? be nice to have.

Old 11-23-2004, 09:45 PM
Trailblazer

i made it! works great! and it's for sale!!! don't know how i would ship it though, it's pretty long! and if you decide to build one make sure it's at least as long as the bike. if not a little longer. any shorter will unload the rear tires. if you need any help or suggest just pm me

Quick Reply: racing slicks for asphalt