CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Raptor.VS DS 650

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2000, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cctman,

I didn't buy it to race. I don't ride with your group and with your attitude, I probably wouldn't.

The DS isn't designed for racing MX. It has raced desert, and won. You don't see too many two strokes in the desert races, not enough pit stops for fuel!

Most of the races that you talk about are setup for two strokes, since two strokes were developed for high performance sooner, clear back in the seventies. But, now the four strokes are catching up. There have been Supercross and many other "two stroke" races won by four strokes.

Plus, pollution is still a problem with two-strokes.

As far as rebuilding a four stroke, yes, it does take more effort and time, but I don't have to rebuild it! I have a 350X with hundreds of hours, it runs like new and it's never been cracked open.

Yea, a two stroke will typically produce more power per cc. that's because it's firing twice as often, hence more power and more fuel consumption. You also have to be on the power band and slip the clutch to use the power of a two stroke, whereas a four stroke, you either give it more gas and torque out of there or down shift.

Like I said, each has its pluses and minuses. Just don't go wining when they ban the two strokes, like they almost did recently in California. It will probably come up again, so enjoy it while you can.

There are some people that would go so far as saying that gas engines are stupid compared to the long life, torque and fuel economy of a diesel, so chew on that one for a while.

If you don't like the DS650, why do you keep posting that fact and waste everyones time and bandwidth with your one sided views?

Later,
CRT_Leech

Old 09-27-2000, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider

Oh I see ....so now I am talking smack in your forum, and I have an attitude?

.....come on guys lets keep this some what on a mature level regardless of your age....

Have a nice day ....ya here!

Old 10-13-2000, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider

78 A COPPER IN MY TOWN GOT ME ON THE SPEED GUN AT 81