CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

??? HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 05:30 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ??? HELP

I'm trying to put on a 14t sprocket and i cant figure out how to loosin the chain? I loosined the rear axle lock bolts and I dont know what tool to use and where to put it..... Is it an allen wrench or what and where? Any help would be highly appreciated? I also switched around the bolt that would rub already. thanks

Old 01-09-2005, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default ??? HELP

Loosen to two bolts on the back of the swingarm that "pinch" the axle carrier...gettem good and loose and then if you'll get your head in by the rear right tire and look at the sproket/carrier you'll see a little hole that's drilled on sproket carrier. You have to line that hole up with one that drilled in the aluminum cover piece on the axle carrier. Now you've got to put something as close to the same size as the holes like a screwdriver or the rod that is in your tool kit. Once you've got the hole lined up and have your screwdriver in there carefully rock you quad back and forth until the axle carrier rotates--sometimes they act like they don't want to move but if you loosened up the two bolts enough they will...be carefull not to force it too much tho or you will shear off what ever you've got pinned thru the holes. You notice that if you roll you quad forward or backward your chain gets tight or loosens...that's all there is to it.

Old 01-09-2005, 06:06 PM
Trailblazer
Default ??? HELP

thanks that made it a five min. job [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]