CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Dune Fest Camping

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 10:27 AM
Canadian and Proud of it !!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dune Fest Camping

Hey: Guys

We are trying to plan our trip to Dunefest. We have spent a few hours on the phone the the internet. We are comming down for a whole week before the event. We need a tenting spot with dune access. I have been put on the waiting list at Discovery point and the KOA. I don't mind if I have to ride all the way threw the dunes to get to the event site. We can not find a spot to stay for the whole week.
Any other campgrounds that I am missing???

Any help would be appreciated.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-01-2005, 12:13 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you know about the sand camping for the event?

I am at discovery Point from July 22-26 space 19 and then move into the event on the 27. Sand camping inside the event Might be the way to go.

KOA is N. Bend is about 30 miles away from Winchester Bay. There are a couple of county parks along Marine Dr that are first come first serve. You might get a space if you are arriving early! I think they are called Windy Cove A and B.

Check the dunefest site and keep an eye out for the registration to open.

We will have to hook up when we are at winchester bay

Old 02-01-2005, 06:44 PM
Canadian and Proud of it !!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Problem solved guys, got a spot at the KOA campground. Had to modify the dates and arrive 1 day later. I can live with that.

Where does the Dunefest event happen ???
Will I be able to ride to the event from the KOA campground ???

Thanks again

Old 02-01-2005, 07:02 PM
Range Rover

Which KOA?

The event is at Winchester bay.

Check www.dunefest.com for updates.

You probably won't be able to ride from the KOA to the event!

Old 02-01-2005, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

no you cant. like dssleuth said. 30 miles. its a totally diferent riding area. you will have to trailer to winchester. however, there is a lot of good riding to do from that KOA.

Old 02-02-2005, 01:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Like Dssleuth said a week early you should be able to camp at windy cove and ride out to the dunes on your bike. I sent my brother early a couple years ago before we camped in the sand and did just that!!

Old 02-02-2005, 01:57 AM
Trailblazer

i remember the dune fest 2 years ago , they had that semi trailer with the dj, anyone remember that 1!!!i got 20 hrs of that video !!!!pm me for info , no sales here ..just good ol boys out sandduning and the dj trailer!!! well they stopped that last year and i did not go ...they said it was a flop and half...im no booze hound but i dont know what the sand security boyzs did but i was told the dune fest last year was ooz fest for your money and no camping what so ever at the dunes ....any how its getting tough all over , i thought i was a "smartypantz" here in nevada , we dont register quads here, i bought oregon green stickers for 12.00 each good for 4 years right... well california says we dont honor green stickers no more , lets see that 20.00 for the dunes , so its getting tough all over .....i know coral pink sand dunes in utah dont hassle us nevada guys for nothing as long as me stay at the meadow ,,,well what happened to enjoy your public land .....what if i was a broke as a joke guy wanting to see the dunes , they would say no sir , get out ...i dont want to get into this too much ,its like hawia , the pearl harbor they charge to visit the cemetary pearl harbor,,,,,becuase they can.......what if your son or dad died at pearl harbor would the ticket guy tell you no????i live in las vegas nevada and we have lake mead it has been free of charge to see the lake since i was a kid , now they started this 5.00 crap per vehicle to go to the lake ,well that killed toirism here the germans and the french says im not paying you to drive around the lake they have turnarounds built at the pay stations !!!!im just saying what happens if they say its 200.00 per year to have browneye sticker to go to the dunes , youl pay 7000.00 why wouldnt you pay 200.00 a year to use public lands , i think its going to get worse, california wants me to pay 60.00 a year to visit dumont dunes only ,,well i can visit lathrop wells dunes wich is the same milage from las vegas for free and no stinking dune cops writing tickets !!! anyone have any staments on this????let me know bo gripes

Old 02-02-2005, 02:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

You might see me stumble by in that video[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] we had a great time!!!!!!!