CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

NOS?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOS?????

Am I correct that they are adding pressure to the float bowl to enrich the mixture?

Old 02-09-2005, 10:24 PM
Trailblazer
Default NOS?????

Shooting Nos into an air box is just asking for trouble in my book.. If might work good on a two storke.. But not 4stroke. I like injecting Nos straight into the cylinder. But you have you use a fuel pump to keep from going lean..Have seen a few atv's with boondockers systems.. They dont last long.. At least around here.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2005, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider
Default NOS?????

From the people I know that use and install them love them. Buddy has a raptor for about a year on the bottle he uses a bottle a day. I will let you know. Mine will be on this week. I will have to break in the new 730 first before I go nuts on the button.

Old 02-10-2005, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default NOS?????

The only problem I would have is the way the boondockers kit is setup, nitrous is cool I agree.

Old 02-10-2005, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default NOS?????

Shooting nitrous into the airbox is asking for trouble eh? Spin, yes the nitrous pressurises the float bowl. When you have a full bottle and high pressure, you have more pressure to the float bowl. Less pressure, less pressure to the float bowl. The maniflod also has enrichening screws to adjust fuel just like a carburator. What are the two common problems, or concerns should we say with conventional systems? 1. fuel pump fails causing lean condition. 2. nitrous crystalizes before it is swept up with the fuel. Neither problem can happen with this system. If they are not concerns, dont buy this system it cost more money. I lost track a long time ago on how much nitrous we have ran through our Ds's, but its alot. I have not opened her up to see if there have been any issues, but she ran great right up on the shelf she sits on as I type. This is like holly vs edelbrock, its a no win situation, just buy waht you think works. Me, I likey my setup. Ask Sandman about the Nx system if you want a conventional setup, I thinky he likey his setup too!

Old 02-10-2005, 11:04 PM
Range Rover
Default NOS?????

Hey viper i too run the boondockers! I love it. whats the biggest nozzle you have run with yours? I am currently using a four hole nozzle and want to try the 5 hole but im going to get a pingle petcock first.

Old 02-10-2005, 11:11 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default NOS?????

both systems make a big difference over running without. i don't know all the mechanics of each system. so call the places that make them they we set you in the right direction.

Old 02-11-2005, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default NOS?????

Quadloco, I run the five hole. 46hv, stock engine. Runs ok.