CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Who is "The Preacher"

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who is "The Preacher"

I hear he is somwhere in my backyard, near Sacramento, and does pretty good engine work. I will probably be going with HPR piston/cams in the future and would like to have a professional do the install. Does he advertise and how would I get a hold of him? Has anyone here used his service and would you recommend him?

Old 02-24-2005, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It would be great to find someone who is a good tune guru for So. Cal as well.

Old 02-24-2005, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider

The ANNIHILATER had work done by the Preacher. PM him and he may be able to help.....

Old 02-24-2005, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

he's a motorcycle mechanic that lives out near rancho seco i believe. PM Duneme his contact info. I believe you have to take your motor out of the frame and just take the bare motor to him in order for him to work on it.

Sean

Old 02-24-2005, 09:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Preacher is a nickname, His real name is Ron Meyer. Look under Allensmusic.com and read about Ron Meyer near the bottom of page. Youll see that he can build a 1000 hp nitro funny bike almost out of scratch. He is VERY honest and maticulous. He built/assembled my motor with the (steel sleeved 720cc the type that is not supposed to last) and it has held up for 2 years of drag race abuse and power adders. He is a no BS kinda guy, He's also very modest. He also assembled Jeffinrivercitys motor and alot of others. I guess you could say he will tear your motor down and inspect everything practically with a magnifying glass. The put it together solid and for a reasonable price and great turnaround time. He has different torq specs. I will PM you his #. I will also be sending my motor to him for his recomended build that he wants me to do. He a good buddy. The best Mech Ive personally seen yet!! He also lightened my flywheel and degreed cams along with valve raduis etc.

He's also doing a freind of mines motor right now, Its a z440 and its supposed to be a fast one when he gets done with it. Ive heard he did a raptor also for one of Duneme's friends and I heard it ran real strong after the re-build.

Old 02-24-2005, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider

I spoke to him today. Very pleasant induvidual to speak with. Basically you get the parts, and he puts it together and from what I understand he inspects everything and suggests what to replace. He does not have any parts, you'll need to supply them to him from what I understand.

Mario thanks for PMing his number. Now to find a crank/rod stroker for him to throw in there.

Old 02-24-2005, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

Scoundrel, i know your in corona, but i have a good mechanic near me that is pretty damn good with quads, and is referred by Ron Wood.

if you interested pm me and ill give you his #

Old 02-24-2005, 11:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ron doesn't know we all know him as The Preacher.

He goes to church around the corner from me so, often stops by after church to chat.

For building, Ron's the man. . . Anyone that gets motor work done by him seems to have a faster bike than ever before. . . and. . . he doesn't even tune them!

If you aren't willing to replace parts that may be marginal in wear but, to him should be replaced. . . don't go to him. You'll end up butting heads.

He is like a Boob Dr. . . . he understands his work will be out there for everyone to see and everyone will judge him based on the work he's done for his customers more than they will by talking to him personally.

Old 02-25-2005, 12:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

I just spoke with Ron(preacher), And he said he is very busy right now but will do what he can as long as he has all the parts. He also refuses to work on a motor with a steel sleeve(guess I got lucky). He will assemble Pami jugs and strokers, or Mr. Hp. parts... I told him Mr. hp. has quality parts that are reliable that he can use also. He also will take a stock motor and open/port it and make sure everything is right.

If he gets my new build done by Ds Days, There will be some GOOOD competiton out there thats for sure. I am not playin around with this next build...

Old 02-25-2005, 12:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Oh, if you live local and are just having him change-out your piston or Piston and jug, he may work on it in the bike. He just doesn't have the room to store bikes at his place.

I could pull and engine with help in no time though so, no big deal.