CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Kill Switch?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kill Switch?

I was wondering? Does anyone know who sells a kill switch for my '05 Ds? and also what all is entaled into installing one?

Thanks guys, tryin to keep safe after my 60 mph wipe out, and walking 1/2 mile to find my atv.

Old 03-09-2005, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider
Default Kill Switch?

kill switch

Pro Design makes them as well as RWR

Old 03-09-2005, 11:08 AM
sam
Pro Rider
Default Kill Switch?

I bought the Tusk one from rocky mt. mostly for drags mounted right next to my start switch. its a pullout kill the pro design is a better set up. theres a couple different ways to wire it do a search for kill switch for wiring.

Old 03-09-2005, 12:15 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......
Default Kill Switch?

I have the pro design killswitch i got it from alba, seems to work very well and is good quality.

Old 03-09-2005, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kill Switch?

How many of you guys actually use a kill switch anyway?
I thought that it was only a requirement if you are in a closed track.
As of yet I have not seen anyone using one in the dunes......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 03-09-2005, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kill Switch?

Well when i go riding i usually always wear it just for a safety such as when i do wheelies sometimes i might go back to far fall off and the quad keeps on going its nice to have it stop and not keep rolling down the road.

Old 08-23-2005, 02:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kill Switch?

OK I'm going to stop with the guessing game. I give up, which wire do I connect to? I tried the Red/yellow and that didn't do anything. I tried the Green/violet and that shut it down alright, it blew the main fuse.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] So I figured I'd better stop and ask while I'm ahead. I'm an electrical duffus.....

Oh and this is on a 2004 DS

Old 08-23-2005, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kill Switch?

I think i hooked one wire to a ground and one wire to a black wire with a white stripe thats under the dash that goes to the on off kill switch.

Old 08-23-2005, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kill Switch?

You know, I started laughing at this topic, not to be mean, but because I realized I really should get one. Heck I remember dumbing myself backward off of the bike on a wheelie last year on Christmas. I was wheeling a hill and it kinda dropped off. I had to run through the desert behind my house, jumping over plants to try to get to it... Let me know how it goes.

Old 08-23-2005, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kill Switch?

Originally posted by: monkeyinajar
You know, I started laughing at this topic, not to be mean, but because I realized I really should get one. Heck I remember dumbing myself backward off of the bike on a wheelie last year on Christmas. I was wheeling a hill and it kinda dropped off. I had to run through the desert behind my house, jumping over plants to try to get to it... Let me know how it goes.
Don't feel bad. Why do you think I bought one....Hummmm?

Quick Reply: Kill Switch?