CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Barnett Dirt Digger Clutch Question....

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Barnett Dirt Digger Clutch Question....

Do you need stiffer springs? I have the RWR 40% stronger springs, would they work?

Old 03-19-2005, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

The 40% will do just fine with the barnett kit I think.
The ones that come with the barnett kit is weeker then the OEM springs IMO

Old 03-19-2005, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

Entomber I'm running the springs that came with the clutch kit. This is on my stage 3 DS with no problems but I'm running flat drags. I'm not sure how the barnet spring hold up hill shooting or duning. I'm sure someone can fill us in on this.

Revised:
From what Eagle posted, if your hill shooting or duning you might need 40% clutch springs.

Old 03-20-2005, 05:34 AM
Pro Rider

I used the barnett springs in mine. strictly dune riding and hill shooting. going on the third year with no problems. I dont know? I tried to feel the difference in stock and barnett springs when I had them both out. I could not tell the difference. o'well, there working for me. thats what counts I geuss.

Old 05-23-2005, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider

So at what point do you decide it is necessary to switch to 40% -60% springs?
I'm going to 11:1 compression and HR3 cams, do I need to do the clutch at the same time?
I haven't had any problem as of yet but the engine has no modifications to speak of.

Oh and I'm not racing or doing hill shots

Old 05-23-2005, 07:23 PM
Pro Rider

when I pulled my steel discs out they were blue from the fiber discs slipping, so I spent 35.00 shipped to my door from ron wood and got the 60% heavier ones, in the owners manual they have a measurement to tell if they are week being to short and I called and asked ron wood himself and he told me I would never have to worry about these springs loosing tension, the clutch is a little harder to pull not much but it feels better way better kinda like if you drive a semi and the clutch has a ceramic disc in it they dont slip either, I am not sure what is stock in a peterbilt but I know ceramic isnt and they slip and burn, just my .02 cents scoundrel, did you get yoyur piston yet?

Old 05-23-2005, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider

I run the 9 disk kit with the Pami springs.

Paid $130 at local dealer.

Old 05-24-2005, 10:12 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jackass650
when I pulled my steel discs out they were blue from the fiber discs slipping, so I spent 35.00 shipped to my door from ron wood and got the 60% heavier ones, in the owners manual they have a measurement to tell if they are week being to short and I called and asked ron wood himself and he told me I would never have to worry about these springs loosing tension, the clutch is a little harder to pull not much but it feels better way better kinda like if you drive a semi and the clutch has a ceramic disc in it they dont slip either, I am not sure what is stock in a peterbilt but I know ceramic isnt and they slip and burn, just my .02 cents scoundrel, did you get yoyur piston yet?

Dave,

The 12:1 piston and HR3 cams I order from MrHp along with the matched ported intake, they will be here in a couple of weeks.

Old 05-24-2005, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: VEGAS650
I run the 9 disk kit with the Pami springs.

Paid $130 at local dealer.
Al,

I gather then you purchased the Barnett kit and trashed the springs to replace them with the Pami springs?
How do the Pami springs compare with the RWR 60%?

Old 07-12-2005, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider

Pami clutch springs are quite a bit stiffer than the 60% Ron Wood Racing springs. I doubt too many people would need to go that route. I had them in my stock bore DS with RWR 60% springs and never had a problem other than carpel tunnel!

Quick Reply: Barnett Dirt Digger Clutch Question....