CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Heading out tonight

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 02:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heading out tonight

Going to hare scramble #10 this weekend. I am so pumped it's not funny! I missed the last race with all that carb trouble. Now I am READY!!. Got a few practices in this week and all last weekend at some mud thing. That mud thing about killed me. I was stuck so many times and my arms mustv stretched an inch.
Anyway this course is a fast one. About 9 miles long. Gotta go around as many times as you can or want in 1-1/2 hrs. After about the first lap, my front shocks are hot and gone. I need to get some different one's. I called Elka and they said I probably need the quadruple rate Elite series at $1,595 for the front and $1,040 for the rear. I said - click. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Ahh to be broke with a stong desire to want is not the best feeling.
Anyway, I have the new carb. The new wheels and the new tires. We will see what happens. If it is anything like the time I HAD to get these new golf clubs to improve my game, I'm in trouble.

Old 03-25-2005, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

Ahh to be broke with a stong desire to want is not the best feeling.

I feel your pain man.
Good luck racing....

Old 03-25-2005, 11:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

its a never ending money pit he he he

Old 03-25-2005, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

Man that's insane!!!! They wouldn't have heard a "click" from me, instead they would've heard, "*****....", the phone hitting the floor, followed be me hitting the floor. I bought the Elka zero preload triple rates for my 400EX. They are their basic (cheapest) shock....I don't have dampening, or rebound adjustment, but they nailed them just right when they built them for me. I've beat them to death on the MX track, as well as the trail, and they've never faded.
When I need front shocks on the DS, that's the route I'm going to take.
Good luck in your race!!!
J.

Old 03-27-2005, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

Just got home a little bit ago. What a course! Open cow pasture into the woods and back and forth. With the rain we had, there was mud. But I am well rehearsed in the mud and took 5th out of 11. Sorry but that's as good as it gets for me today. I rode my a$$ of today. I was in 2nd for about 30 minutes. from about the 4th turn. I was right on 1st place butt. He hit a tree right in front of me and I hit the other one and the guy behind me, hit me. So everyone passed us!:-( We got untangled and then it was another hour of wide open. Just not as wide open as 1st through 4th!
I had dinner with the guy who won 1st (he is also our points leader)and asked him what his secret is? He said he was 7 time champion and 11 time point leader. Been racing since 7 years old. Same with the other top guys in my class. All champion veterans. I said I needed a smaller quad to compete. This guy says he has seen me race and can't believe I make it through half the course. I said "What the Hell does that mean!?" He said "No, not you, your quad. It is so frigging big!" I never knew he knew, I existed. He probably sees me as a victim at the line-up. He gave some good pointers. Like, sit down as much as possible.
Anyway the next one is in 2 weeks. In Gainsville(Gatorback)
I earned 43 points today !!
Sorry for rambling. I am just still so pumped and wish you all could have come and experienced this too.

Old 03-27-2005, 12:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sounds like ya had fun!!!!!!!

Old 03-27-2005, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider

Congrats, Great job! Let us know how it goes in two weeks.

Old 03-27-2005, 06:13 AM
Pro Rider

Good job on the 5th

Old 03-27-2005, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks guys
I am sore today. Ever heard of "Monkey butt?" Well I have it!
I just wanted to add something.
Yesterday, during the practice lap, my carb started acting up. It was doing the same thing as my original carb-- cutting out when throttle applied. No top end. I thought as I limped back to my pit/camp "here we go again."
Now that I am well rehearsed with removing the carb, I took it off in 60 seconds. Used some carb cleaner and cleaned it all out. Put it back on and she fired up and ran flawlessly the rest of the day. Whheeeww!
But it led me to think of why this keeps happening. Maybe the K&N air filter is crap? I soak the pre-filter with filter goo. I use the airbox with the lid on.
Anyway, I am thinking back to a pass I made yesterday. I was coming out of the woods with the checkered on my mind and saw a rider up ahead. I got up behind him and put the pressure on. We got to an open field and he opened his up. I did the same. I think it was a 400ex. My DS tops out somewhere between 70 and 80. So however fast it goes, I was going! I came up to the woods section so fast I thought I was going to crash. Those razr2 worked like they are supposed to. I just had to steer it in and hang on! through the woods and out to a muudy area. Nobody want's to be behind the DS in the mud.
Also, what is it about spec-taters that makes me go faster?? I hit this muddy area in 4th gear going at least 50mph. The *** end suddenly wants to be first. I about killed myself in front of hundreds of people. I think they wanted it.
Boy, I wish I had a helmet cam! Although it would need tear-off's! All 5 of mine were gone after the first part of the first lap!
Hey Happy Easter to All and thanks for the support!
Go Fast!

Old 03-27-2005, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

Try a pair of impact shorts under your pants.........helps with the monkey butt...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Heading out tonight