CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Can someone show me around Las Vegas?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 04:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone show me around Las Vegas?

Hey guys we are packing up and heading to Las Vegas for 10 day. I talked to my buddy today and we are going to load all six quads up and take em with. We will be there from June 3 to June 13. I have never been to Las Vegas and neither has my friend or are lady's. I have a couple of questions if someone could help me out. We are going to stay at a hotel, and I desperately need to find a place to keep our quads when we are not riding. If anyone could find a storage facility and get me the number I would really be in debt. And secondly if someone could show us around the dunes for a day, I would be more than happy to buy the beer.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I just ordered a new set of rear paddles on .190's. I cannot wait to go. I have wanted to go to the dunes for years, just can't wait.

Let me know guys.

Old 04-11-2005, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider

Thats cool your coming to Vegas. The only bad thing is that it will be way to hot to go to the dunes. There is a good chance it will be at least 110-115 at the dunes. What type of trailer? Is it enclosed or open? I'll help you out as much as I can but I'm not going to be able to make the dunes. Let me know what you need. Craig

Old 04-11-2005, 10:59 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Did you say "buy beer"? I'll be there. You shouldn't have a problem finding a storage facility. It will be better away from the strip. Bring lots of money to feed the slots, they're always hungry. My daughter goes to college there, but can only direct you to restaurants and shopping. We haven't ridden around there since we usually go down to Glamis. You must be excited, you wrote this at 2 a.m.!?

Old 04-11-2005, 11:43 AM
Pro Rider

Yea.... Dunes will be unridable by then, however there are some real good options. We can go real early in the morning and make a river run. One of the best rides you'll ever go on. Email me, and we'll make sure you go riding.

mlc331@***.net

Old 04-11-2005, 02:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Donecrashed- If I still have my motor in June, We can take you up to Coral Pink sand dunes... It should be decent weather up there. And its only a few hours from Vegas.

Old 04-11-2005, 03:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
Donecrashed- If I still have my motor in June, We can take you up to Coral Pink sand dunes... It should be decent weather up there. And its only a few hours from Vegas.
Someone else just mentioned coral pink in my previous thread. We are looking to try another vacation spot. Can we spend a few days or a week there or will we get bored? I noticed they have a 32' limit on RVs, do they enforce that? Ours is only 35'. Thanks.

Old 04-11-2005, 04:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

There is a place called "the meadow" And they dont have hook ups there, But there shouldnt be a limit. I also heard they stopped letting people camp there, But If I were you I would call the rangers for coral pink.

There is some great night riding there and its a beautifull place in general. I usually stay at the golf course in Carmel Junction. They have a resturant and its right by the dunes and zion national park if the camps do have a size limit. There are snake trails that run through pine trees and some good duning and awsome trails. But the only thing I have found dangerous at coral pink is how the dunes blend together when the sun is out in the afternoon. The dunes look like they blend together but there are some decieving dropp offs. If you are aware of this then you will have a safe and fun time.

Old 04-11-2005, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider

I was there a couple weeks ago, and I'd say 35' in the campground would definetely be pushing it. There were people camping in the meadows area, so that shouldn't be much of an issue.
I'd also say that anymore than 3 days you'll have had enough of it cuz it's really not that big. Maybe a 2 night stay would be nice. The campground is awesome though. There's water, showers etc.

Old 04-11-2005, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
I've been there in May and seen 90*. Might be hot there too. Also, Ive had my 33' fifth wheel in the campground.

Old 04-11-2005, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

You guys will have to forgive me. I have never been to the dunes, so I really wasn't even thinking of the weather. We get 100+ here all the time, but mostly it's just trails. I reckon that the sand can really get hot. I have a open trailer so I will have to find a storage facility. Like I said if someone can get me a # I would really appreciate it. Also a river run sounds awesome. I haven't been this excited since I met my girls sister.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Can someone show me around Las Vegas?