CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Alba pipe too short! Advice please....

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alba pipe too short! Advice please....

I purchased a stage 1 Alba pipe for my 04 DS and was told it would fit. What I wasn't told was that it will need an extension between the header pipe and the Alba pipe end where it connects to the header, approximately 3" of a gap now. I'm told that Alba made an extension but they no longer sell them because the pipe is in re-design.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Can someone help me with what I can do now......? The seller from e-bay said he would refund my money if I ship it back or keep it and he will refund some of the purchase price so I can get something to fill the gap......Does someone own this model pipe and can you give me ideas on what to do..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 04-27-2005, 03:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Go to a muffler shop, They can make you a collar 3inches longer. Then go to an automotive store and pick up longer springs. Not sure the cost but should work.

Old 04-27-2005, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider

Thats an Idea anyway but I'd need to install the pipe and then truck the bike to the muffler shop so they could get the curvature right.

Old 04-27-2005, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

Are you using the stock headers? From what I understand the Alba pipe for the DS is a full system not a slip on. I have not heard of any changes of exhaust fitment with any of the different model years, so one size should fit all.

Checking out Alba it appears you should have 4 parts to the exhaust, the two header pipes, the mid pipe, and the muffler. Do you have all 4 of those parts? something doesn't sound right.

Old 04-27-2005, 04:16 PM
Pro Rider

I didn't get the full kit which includes the header pipes. I only got the back portion which includes a small extension off the muffler.

Old 04-27-2005, 04:44 PM
Range Rover

Sounds like you're screwed [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'll sell you my full system that I took off my 04. I had the crappy stage 1 supertrapp end so you would just need to replace the endcap.

Old 04-27-2005, 06:49 PM
Pro Rider

This is the first time I have heard of anyone using the alba muffler as a slip on. Good luck on finding a muffler shop that can make a joint to fit the stock bell joint. Either way it does not sound like an ideal situation. If you can return it I would, unless you got a smoken deal (like free)! If you want to keep your stock headers, get a exhaust that is designed to be a slip on and is compatible with the stock headers such as HMF or Yoshi.

Old 04-27-2005, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider

return it and get an end cap, much better anyway

with the extra $$$ buy something else [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-27-2005, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 04DS650
Sounds like you're screwed [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'll sell you my full system that I took off my 04. I had the crappy stage 1 supertrapp end so you would just need to replace the endcap.
I only paid $25.00 for it, and it had never been used.....I thought it was a good idea since my FMF slip on is cracked. Unless I can get some kind of extension I'm going to return it.....

Old 04-27-2005, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

Surely it could'nt cost that much to have someone build a connector. Sounds like you got a hell of a deal for a unused silcencer complete or not. Tell the shop to only weld on the muffler so if you dont like the out come atleast your header is still good. Come on $25, thats only a case of beer.......wait what am I saying!!!!! screw the exaust [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

Quick Reply: Alba pipe too short! Advice please....