CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Denton Steering Stabilizer

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Denton Steering Stabilizer

I just got my Denton stabilizer for the DS and they sent me no instructions on how it mounts. Anyone have a pic showing how this mounts? It looks like the one end goes on the steering stem and the other end attaches to somewhere on the frame, dont know if it matters where. Also, how do you adjust the stabilizer to make it harder or lighter?

Old 05-07-2005, 01:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry, I don't have any pic's, but you need to connect one side to the stem (obviously). Only one of the billets will fit the stem, so you can't go wrong there. The other end mounts to one of the vertical frame members that are slightly angled. Which one depends on the side you choose on the stem. If you choose the left side of the steering stem to mount the billet, the other billet connection will need to be connected to the right vertical frame member. I had to try mounting it a couple of different ways and making adjustments until the dampner worked for the full rotation of a turn.

The system adjusts by twisting the shaft either clockwise or counterclockwise. My unit has "heavy" and "light" marks to indicate the amount of damping. It's a really great piece of equipment. I ride a lot of desert washes at high speed, and couldn't get by without one.

Old 05-07-2005, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks, I figured it out a couple of minutes after posting that. It just took a couple of attempts putting it in different places to see where it fit best.